Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navient 60 day late dispute and removed

tag
paulesport
Contributor

Navient 60 day late dispute and removed

I have 8 separate private SL’s with Navient. I checked my credit report after 2 years knowing I’ve had late payment marks and still see them for 2016 across all 3 - EQ/TU/EX. (Loan was originated by Sallie Mae prior to 2016) In 2016 lost my job that resulted in 60 day late payments. Figured I would verify anyways so I called Navient recently and asked to confirm the 60 day late and they said they could not find any late payment. Additionally they said Navient doesn’t report unless it’s 3 consecutive months of 30/60/90 etc days late. I for sure know I had lates in 2016 so I wonder if the transfer from Sallie Mae has lost that payment history data. So the agent recommended I dispute it. I tested it first with EQ and in 6 days got a conclusion and that one “derogatory” Navient loan no longer showed the late and is no longer in the “potentially negative” list. However, no change to credit score.

It’s been 2 days only and latest Navient statement cycle hasn’t yet closed. Well I just opened disputes on all my Navient loans that have the same payment history and we shall see how it goes. Curious if anyone else has experienced this or have any ideas why my late payment history was non-existent to the Navient. (My other theory is my actual lates have passed in earlier 2016, and the last lates reported were actual errors— which seriously means Sallie Mae was true evil).

**UPDATE**
All 3 CRAs dropped all the 60 day lates from 8 loans in 2016 because of my disputes. Now the payment history doesn't even go as far back as 2016, only from 2020. Perhaps they really don't have any data for 6 years back? Age of account remains the same however. But I didn't notice any score changes either. Maybe weighed less since it's from 2016. And since I've paid down to less than 20% UTIL, and without direct notifications from my CRA accounts, it's hard to say the dropped lates had any contribution to my recent score increases. Nonetheless my siggy shows my current score and I'm excited to see how much higher it goes once the true UTIL is recognized (still shows as 40% even though it's 18%)! 

personal
biz

Start 1/1/19
Best 11/15/21
Current rebuild

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Re: Navient 60 day late dispute and removed

Do you remember or have documents displaying the dates of the late payments?

I am thinking if theybare from 2016, depending on which month of that year, they could have fallen off (as if being excluded early).

Either way I am completely surprised 😮 your scores did in increase.

Have you not noticed an increase over the past 2 or 3 months by approximately or more than 20 points?

I'll await your response before adding to this.

Message 2 of 5
paulesport
Contributor

@Credit4Growth wrote:
Do you remember or have documents displaying the dates of the late payments?

I am thinking if theybare from 2016, depending on which month of that year, they could have fallen off (as if being excluded early).

Either way I am completely surprised 😮 your scores did in increase.

Have you not noticed an increase over the past 2 or 3 months by approximately or more than 20 points?

So I dug into my emails and I came across a note Of me asking my co-signer to send a letter to Navient about removing lates and that I had enrolled in a month payment program to get back to current status. So it looks like I rehabbed it after all. So I guess the late I have reported today just stuck around. Regardless, I didn’t see a score increase anytime recently. Hoping I will soon.
personal
biz

Start 1/1/19
Best 11/15/21
Current rebuild

Message 3 of 5
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

😃 I am happy to hear you spent time researching the SLs. Your co-signer is looking out for the both you and themselves. This might have saved your scores in a big way!

Go over those dates of the Late that is sticking around. If it is supposed to be apart of the rehab you may have recourse. If it is not then atleast the other one is gone.

Removal of one bad mark is usually not enough to boost one score significantly. When the last/final blemish is removed then one would see a bigger movement in fico scoring. When time is available, look more closely into when the late(s) occurred and how they correlate to the time the account(s) were rehabbed.

Best of luck and keep us updated!

Message 4 of 5
paulesport
Contributor

Update added to my original post. No score change from dispute results in my favor. 🤷🏻‍♂️

personal
biz

Start 1/1/19
Best 11/15/21
Current rebuild

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.