Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navient Student Loans Disappeared From Credit Report

tag
UpInSmoke
Contributor

Navient Student Loans Disappeared From Credit Report

Hello MF Friends,

I was just looking at my credit report and noticed that the student loans that have only ever been reported on Equifax were no longer on my credit report. How weird! I haven't paid them off, so I'm wondering why they disappeared. Anyone have experience with this?

I'm sure they'll reappear unless some rich uncle (that I don't have) decided he was going to pay them off and didn't let me or Navient know. LOL! I'm very curious and interested to hear if anyone else have had this happen.

TIA!

Business Lines:

Personal Lines:

Lines of Credit:

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navient Student Loans Disappeared From Credit Report

ME!! I just made a whole post about it. I have navient and they are gone from my Experian report. I checked back to December 9 when I last paid for all three and they aren't showing there either but they ARE showing on Transunion and Equifax on Credit Karma but on my transunion report on my discover card they aren't showing there either... this is weird. I filed borrowers defense and thought it may have something to do with that. All my loans were consolidated through navient

Message 2 of 13
UpInSmoke
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

ME!! I just made a whole post about it. I have navient and they are gone from my Experian report. I checked back to December 9 when I last paid for all three and they aren't showing there either but they ARE showing on Transunion and Equifax on Credit Karma but on my transunion report on my discover card they aren't showing there either... this is weird. I filed borrowers defense and thought it may have something to do with that. All my loans were consolidated through navient

@Hippiechickens2022 That is weird, huh!? Something is going on over there at Navient...not sure what though. Keep us posted if/when you hear anything and if/when it changes. I have to believe there are many others too! 

Business Lines:

Personal Lines:

Lines of Credit:

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpInSmoke wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hippiechickens2022 That is weird, huh!? Something is going on over there at Navient...not sure what though. Keep us posted if/when you hear anything and if/when it changes. I have to believe there are many others too! 

It is really weird. I logged into navient and my loans still show there but I am in administrative forebearance until a decision is made on my borrowers defense claim. So essentially I am in forebearance until 2030. That usually doesn't cause the whole trade line to disappear. It is very weird you are experiencing the same thing with the same loan servicer

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok this just gets weirder.... I found it on my experian finally and it shows paid and closed with the remarks student loan payment defferred... I have been in defferment before and its never posted as paid and closed...

Message 5 of 13
UpInSmoke
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

ok this just gets weirder.... I found it on my experian finally and it shows paid and closed with the remarks student loan payment defferred... I have been in defferment before and its never posted as paid and closed...

Whoa! I don't trust Navient. Too much bad press for me to believe they're ever up to anything good. I guess we have to be very vigilant on these types of matters. It surely didn't happen for no reason...

Business Lines:

Personal Lines:

Lines of Credit:

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpInSmoke wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Whoa! I don't trust Navient. Too much bad press for me to believe they're ever up to anything good. I guess we have to be very vigilant on these types of matters. It surely didn't happen for no reason...

I know I have a defferment from my Borrowers defense claim. However, being in defferment has never removed the trade line and showed it paid and closed. BUT... it was never done before under borrowers defense... so I am for real confused. 

Message 7 of 13
UpInSmoke
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UpInSmoke wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I know I have a defferment from my Borrowers defense claim. However, being in defferment has never removed the trade line and showed it paid and closed. BUT... it was never done before under borrowers defense... so I am for real confused. 

Yeah. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. But, I'm a very logical person lost in a world devoid of common sense...so, needless to say, almost everything makes no sense to me...LOL!

Business Lines:

Personal Lines:

Lines of Credit:

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpInSmoke wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UpInSmoke wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. But, I'm a very logical person lost in a world devoid of common sense...so, needless to say, almost everything makes no sense to me...LOL!

When it comes to student loans none of it makes sense...... maybe later as people get on we may get some sort of idea of whats going on but at the moment it looks like its just us that is having this issue. IDK that its an issue at the moment but if the trade line hits again its liable to be a b***h to my score... IDK... but I have NEVER seen things go like this

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My suggestion would just be to check there NSLDS website it call Dept of Education and make sure the status is still the same.
If it is the next official step would be to file a complaint with the student loan Ombudsman. It you could go straight to the second complaint which would be with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). You'll upload a PDF of every single thing you can find relating to this to paint a complete picture. You should get a response.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.