cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navient to Aidvantage - Update on credit reports for anyone yet?

tag
mrsgrits
Established Member

Re: Navient to Aidvantage - Update on credit reports for anyone yet?

Good luck to you on this. I just pulled my updated 3B and it is still showing Navient. However, it is showing the balance updated in Nov 2021 (which is captured EOM balance from Oct 2021). I am back in school and newer set had updated on Advantage first then on studentaid.gov finally, but not on any credit report on this site. I will have a final set again in Mar. I hope to get an alert at some point, but haven't since Nov. So, I am not sure how this is going either and need to see how this will or if it affects the mortgage scores around April. I haven't had any statements since the national forbearance, but the payments made were reflected on credit reports through Nov.
Deleted...
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

This change has innocently showed up on Equifax over the weekend. The line item now reads "DEPT OF ED / AIDVANT". There are no new payment updates, however, so payments for Nov, Dec or Jan haven't been recorded, but that's really no big deal. There was no change to my score, balances, account numbers or anything else. This is a good initial sign. 

Message 12 of 17
DarlingNola
Established Member

My loans on my EX report updated 2/5/2022 have changed from Navient to Aidvantage. No impact to score or anything.

Current FICO 8 | 9 Scores (3/2022):

Credit Age:

Inquiries (6/12/24):

Message 13 of 17
HumbleBillW

Balance's were updated 3/11 on my two fed loans.  Creditor changed from Navient to Aidvantage (on cra)  last month.

No months missing now.  Was a long wait. Hope your balances were updated correctly too.

Warm regards,

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hadn't checked in awhile! It updated to Aidvantage about a month ago, but I notice now that the payment information is updated as well. There was never any negative impact and we're closing on our house Tuesday! Smooth transition, thankfully, thanks for asking! 

@HumbleBillW wrote:

Balance's were updated 3/11 on my two fed loans.  Creditor changed from Navient to Aidvantage (on cra)  last month.

No months missing now.  Was a long wait. Hope your balances were updated correctly too.

Warm regards,

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they're reporting nothing they're basically reporting nothing no good no bad which they're supposed to be reporting your your loans as in good standing because it's the government that's giving us the break on it in order to keep people's credit scores up to help boost the economy You will also need to call to report it to aidvantage  And the bureau of Credit reporting agencies

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's not true Aidvantage already dropped my score 54 points since Dec 2021 as they aren't reporting anything negative or positive the whole point in stopping student loan payments is to help boost scores,  they are supposed to be reporting good positive results every month inorder to help people relief from debt,  not reporting anything negatively reflects on your credit history as well. The government said if you opt in  to the stop payment relief it won't affect you,  however it is, & you will need to call  Aidvantage and credit reporting agencies inorder for them to correct how their reporting your on hold student loans 

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.