cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navient will not remove my loan after I proved they were at a fault.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navient will not remove my loan after I proved they were at a fault.

Back in the end of 2018, my mom went through a tramatic incident and has now become Agoraphobic. I left my job in order to be her full-time caregiver in January of 2019. In February of 2019 I called Navient, and the told me to fax any supporting documents that I had lost my job to them. I had a local nonprofit help me because I could not leave my home for long periods of time. The nonprofit gathered all of the information (Sepertation letters, SSI Letters, Letters from my fomer employeer, etc) they faxed them this information and provided me with a confirmation sheet. A few months later I get hit with 10 student loan missed payments dropping my score from mid 700 to below 500. I disputed this information and sent in the exact information that was sent back in Feburary of 2019 showing where this nonprofit had faxed the infor and they told me that late payments were accurate. I resent the confirmation sheet and all of the other documents but they will not remove my late payments. What should I do now?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Navient will not remove my loan after I proved they were at a fault.

At this point, I would recommend filing a complaint through the CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau).   You can upload scans of your documentation with them and track any complaints you have.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2 of 3
Mookey67
Contributor

Re: Navient will not remove my loan after I proved they were at a fault.

May I ask if you faxed over a deferment application as well as the supporting documents? 

Exp - 850 TU - 846 EQ - 846
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.