Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal College Loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal College Loans

Hi.  I just set up my account with Navy Federal.  I have never been in the service but my father was so that's how I was able to get membership.  I am hoping to finance part of my children's college costs with a loan from Navy Federal.  I now see that they are part of LendKey.  They of course just a few weeks ago declined my son's loan application.  Does this mean doing it through Navy Federal will likely not get approved either?  Are the standards any different if through Navy Federal?

Any tips, tricks, suggestions, advice with regards to college loans through Navy Federal?  Any info to help would be greatly appreciated.  I am really hoping he can get the loan by himself without me or his mom needing to co-sign.  Not sure that would put him over the top either.  

Thinking positively here, if he is able to get a loan, how long does the process take till funds are disbursed to his college?

Thanks for any and all help here!  Happy Holidays!!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal College Loans

I don't have any advice with Navy Federal. I only know that with government/ federal loans of a dependent student is denied they will have access to additional funds as unsubsidized loans. These loans come with a lot of protections etc and low rates.
Hope you can get your questions answered and the rest of the funding.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.