Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need NAVIENT email address

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need NAVIENT email address

Does anyone have a valid email address for someone at NAVIENT (preferably an executive but anything will do). Everytime I send an email to with the john.doe@navient.com it comes back as undeliverable.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need NAVIENT email address

I don't know any. For my servicer, they only allow you to submit it online and reply to an email they send to you in response. If they ever respond. I've found it most helpful to go old school and send a fax it even older school and use 🐌 mail. I also have a better response rate. You can probably find either on the contact us page for Navient.
If I may ask, what is it that you're looking to do? I might be able to help.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to get three late charges removed - a 30, 60 and 90 day late. Unfortunately they are recent (March, April, May 2017).
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try calling them and asking.
First, ask for Forbearance after the Fact, if you have the income verification to show your situation at that time.

If they do that sort of thing, then they will tell you the steps. But if they say, "no", them request the email address so that you can request it in writing anyway (as a last ditch effort).
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Decemre: Are the accurate or are they errors?
If accurate, I believe you are beyond the period of time you can request a retroactive forbearance. And since they are federal loans, you cannot Goodwill them because they are required to report the lates accurately.
If they are due to an error on Navient's part, try talking with them on the phone. If this does not work, I still advise sending a fax (there are many free services online that can make it as easy as sending an email) or snail mail. The reason I say this is because you want to create a paper trail and get replies, if you get any, in writing.
I believe if you'd like to send them an email, you need to log in and go to contact us. Send the message the refund; they will reply by email.
If you cannot get this resolved with Navient, try the student loan Ombudsman. If you don't have success with them, a complaint filled with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau can be very effective.
Once they fix it makes sure to check your credit report for the changes. If that didn't happen, a dispute filed with each CB, with the paperwork you've been saving, should get it removed.

Navient isn't my servicer, but this is what I would do with mine too.
Hope this helps.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They went back 2 years for mine.
Nothing is impossible
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Once repayment begins, a borrower
is entitled to a deferment if he or she meets the requirements for one.
However, a borrower must request a deferment either verbally or
on a form the lender provides. A borrower also must provide
documentation to the lender in support of the request. For an
in-school deferment on a Stafford Loan or Federal PLUS Loan,
borrower may apply on the loan application.

A borrower who requests deferment should continue making
payments on a loan until he or she receives notification that the
deferment has been approved. A deferment period begins on the date
the qualifying condition, such as unemployment or military service,
begins. A deferment may be granted retroactively. However, it
cannot be granted retroactively to begin more than six months before
the date the lender receives the request and supporting
documentation." IFAP, Student Financial Aid Handbook

Like I said, I don't think they qualify. And even if it was granted, given that it seems it would be Navient going against federal regulations, I would be wary of the effect on one's account if Navient's practice was discovered. They are under a lot of scrutiny right now; since they aren't major lates I would just let them age off because after a while they will have minimal affect on score anyway.
That's just what I would do.
Message 7 of 9
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm trying to get three late charges removed - a 30, 60 and 90 day late. Unfortunately they are recent (March, April, May 2017).

If they're willing to do a forbearance/deferment back to that period, you have a chance. If you're hoping for a goodwill removal, good luck. My Navient lates are from early 2012 and are just now starting to fall off. As recently as last year, they told me to pound sand on removing lates even though I'm now about 3.5 years ahead on my repayment schedule.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up finding an email address for someone in the executive staff. They forwarded my email to an Executive Staff customer relations supervisor who contacted me 48 hours after I sent my email. They contacted me via email and asked me to call them. I spoke to an executive supervisor who advised me that she would look into my account but that if the information was accurate they were bound by the Fair Credit Reporting Act to correctly report all information. I received a letter in the mail yesterday that said they had reviewed my account and that all information was accurate and that they could not honor my Goodwill request.

On a side note I sent Wells Fargo an email on the same day and heard back from them 4 days later. I received a call from someone in there executive customer relations department also and he also advised me that they could not honor a Goodwill request and that they had to report accurately due to the FCRA.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.