cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need goodwill letter advice - student loans included in dismissed bankruptcy

tag
canurse

Need goodwill letter advice - student loans included in dismissed bankruptcy

Not sure which topic to put this under so if this is under the wrong one I apologize.  I filed ch 13 bankruptcy 3/2012 which was subsequently dismissed a month later per my request.  Long story short - I had an auto accident case that ended up settling quicker than my attorney had expected it to.  I was close to losing my home so filed to save it.  I had 4 loans with Mohela at the time I filed which they closed and new loans opened in their place.  The 4 old loans are reporting as derogatory (included/discharged in bankruptcy & wage earner plan) on EX & TU only.  EQ is reporting the loans as closed/paid as agreed.  No notation of included in bankruptcy.  As a result my EQ FICO 8 score is about 70 points higher than EX & TU.  A couple of weeks ago I sat down and wrote a goodwill letter to send to the CEO of Mohela but talked myself out of sending it.  I am worried that he will say sorry I can't help you and oh by the way we are updating EQ to show the loans as derogatory.  Just a side note:  I have never been late or defaulted on any of my student loans (some date back to 2002).  I have always made the payments when they were in repayment status and even paid sometimes when they were not in repayment.  Funny thing is that I didn't include them on my bankruptcy schedules as they were in deferment when I filed due to being enrolled in school part time.  EX & TU are not showing any late payments only the notation of included in/discharged through bankruptcy or wage earner plan.  I have tried to get these comments removed by contacting EX & TU but haven't had any success with that route.  EQ removed them with proof of the bankruptcy dismissal.  Does anyone have any experience with trying to goodwill an account that is not showing on all 3 CRAs?  Any advice on how to word the goodwill letter?  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.  

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.