Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice

tag
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Need some advice

I had a defaulted student loan with ACS/California Student Aide which was sold to Edfund. I successfully rehabbed it and it was transferred to SunTrust last month. Edfund held up their end of the bargain by deleting their two entries. The problem is, I have emailed and faxed ACS numerous times. The only response I get, it to call Edfund. Knowing this is wrong, I called anyway and you guessed it, they said they cannot do anything. Is there anyway I could get the original ACS mark deleted, being that it did technically restore?
Message Edited by Breakthecycle2 on 10-10-2008 08:05 PM

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Re: Need some advice

Anyone?

Message 2 of 7
LynnInMN
Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately you are stuck with the ACS tradelines until they age off. Under the terms of rehab, only the guarantor must change or delete their negative tradelines.
Ex-Financial Aid Officer

Ex-Student Loan Collector
Message 3 of 7
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

I understand that, but there is really no way for them to GW it off? Edfund said it would be possible, but only if I was able to speak to a manager, which I have had no luck in doing.

Message 4 of 7
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Anyone?

Message 5 of 7
Nectarine
Contributor

You can try to GW it (anything is worth a shot!)

All you'd lose is the cost of stamps, I'd really recommend it.  If you can find a person to address it to, that would help a lot.  The general credit forum has a lot of useful articles on GW-ing creditors, including student loan holders. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

GW is the way to go for now

What interest rate do you have ?

Anyway, we are headed for record Education Loan defaults.

As a result, lenders will be more open to being nice to those who actually pay there loans.

Already there is some discussion of bail-out for this sector of the credit market too.

with so many recent grads towing $50K and above in student loans and working at McDonalds, its not so bright for lenders

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.