Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to get a private student loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to get a private student loan

Hi guys- I am in need of a private student loan and am having a hard time finding one. My credit score is not that great but I have a co-signer with a great score! I know that a lot of loan companies are just not really approving anyone at this point in time. I am just trying to find out what other people have been experiencing. Anyone know of any companies that are easier to get approval from? I have tried these two companies and got turned down from both: MyRichUncle.com CampusDoor.com I am considering Astrive.com but have heard that they are having problems. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need to get a private student loan

My private loans were with Access Group (now The Student Loan People).  Sallie Mae is also still doing private loans.  I don't know the first two companies you mentioned, but I think Astrive is shady.  I think we're mainly back to the big banks on the private loans now.  Most of the pure profit seeking loan companies have gotten out of the private student loan business.  Good luck!  With a good cosigner you should be fine.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know my CU is still doing student loans-  may want to check with yours.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What credit score and income for your co-signer. Is this a direct-to-consumer or regular private loan. I'm surprised about MRU.
Message 4 of 5
rsg

My wife's private student loans are now in repayment. I have found that Wells Fargo has the best rate out of her three loans (which include a federal loan). As a bonus, since we have checking and savings accounts with them, it was very easy to set up automatic payments and it's also nice to see all the accounts when I login.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.