Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Accounts on Credit Report

tag
estrickland1
New Contributor

Negative Accounts on Credit Report

I reconsolidated my student loans into one account, but now I have 7 negative accounts on my credit reports. They show no balance but the payment status is listed as negative. I feel like this is showing as a delinquency to potential creditors. How can I have them removed since I'm no longer liable to pay? 

Starting Score: EX 655, TU 583, EQ 598
Current Score: EX 651, TU 662, EQ 640
Goal Score: 700s
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Negative Accounts on Credit Report

Were they negative at some point?  Consolidating the loans doesn't make the bad history go away.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

i rehabbed 7 loans couple months ago from navient,Ive tried disputes,goodwill letters,calling them and all my old loans with lates r still there.Some people have had lates removed its just the luck of the draw i guess,try everything and they may co

me off.i even paid off 2 of them and the lates are there.emailed navient ceo and he did remove all the assigned to goverment off them.i know on experian i have 7 navient loans with lates,payment status is paid as agreed but still shows the late  payments,but experian says i have no negative accounts,so i dont know if they still hurt my score.good luck

Message 3 of 4
estrickland1
New Contributor

So EQ decided to update my FedLoan and now it shows the last activity to be 6/1/2013 instead of 5/1/2013 and the term duration changed from Not Reported to 121M. This dropped my score 15 points! The comments state the account was transferred or sold, but I have a $0 balance and the account was marked closed. This really pisses me off

Starting Score: EX 655, TU 583, EQ 598
Current Score: EX 651, TU 662, EQ 640
Goal Score: 700s
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.