cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nelnet Good will Letter - Denied

tag
ZeroG1MC

Nelnet Good will Letter - Denied

I know this topic has been addressed on this forum, and I wanted to continue to add my Nelnet experience. I defaulted on my student loans, and successfully rehabilitated them in August of 2012. My studen loans were lumped into two different accounts (both from Nelnet) prior to the default. Nelnet takes just one monthly payment and applies it to both accounts accordingly. Prior to rehabilitation, both accounts showed numerous 60+ and 120+ delinquencies. I attempted to explain that I had some serious life changes that caused me to default and was very respectful and acknowledged my responsibilities. I sent this letter about 5 business days ago via mail, and I just received the response "Your accounts are reporting accurately to the the major credit bureaus" meaning that they will not remove the previous lates on the old account I had that defaulted. My student loans date back to 2007, and my new rehabilitated accounts had the default removed and were updated to show perfect payment history since 2007. I still find it to be a bit contradictory to show the old accounts with the same student loans showing missed payments, but the new account to show perfect payment history in those same months. Hey, the loans were my responsibility so I cant complain too much. After 2 years of hard work following advice from myfico, my score has definitely increased and now Iam on my way to being a home owner. Good luck to everyone with improving your financial status, scores, and knowledge...wish I knew half of what I know now 10 years ago.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 703
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 88
87 REPLIES 87
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Nelnet Good will Letter - Denied

Yea, I really don't understand why they have such a strict policy on "accurate reporting." Nelnet is so hard to deal with. They say that part of the accurate reporting is their corporate policy. Well, they are not the most respectable company. Just google "nelnet scandal" and you'll see a long history of Nelnet defrauding the US government and taxpayers for SL subsidies. They practiced loan recycling to get higher interest rates and raked in profits. They engaged in questionable relationships promoting consolidation offers. All of this and they say it is their corporate responsibility for accurate reporting. 

The executives there make well over half a million each year after bonuses. 

Message 2 of 88
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

@ZeroG1MC wrote:

I know this topic has been addressed on this forum, and I wanted to continue to add my Nelnet experience. I defaulted on my student loans, and successfully rehabilitated them in August of 2012. My studen loans were lumped into two different accounts (both from Nelnet) prior to the default. Nelnet takes just one monthly payment and applies it to both accounts accordingly. Prior to rehabilitation, both accounts showed numerous 60+ and 120+ delinquencies. I attempted to explain that I had some serious life changes that caused me to default and was very respectful and acknowledged my responsibilities. I sent this letter about 5 business days ago via mail, and I just received the response "Your accounts are reporting accurately to the the major credit bureaus" meaning that they will not remove the previous lates on the old account I had that defaulted. My student loans date back to 2007, and my new rehabilitated accounts had the default removed and were updated to show perfect payment history since 2007. I still find it to be a bit contradictory to show the old accounts with the same student loans showing missed payments, but the new account to show perfect payment history in those same months. Hey, the loans were my responsibility so I cant complain too much. After 2 years of hard work following advice from myfico, my score has definitely increased and now Iam on my way to being a home owner. Good luck to everyone with improving your financial status, scores, and knowledge...wish I knew half of what I know now 10 years ago.

Dont give up. I got good will adjustments on all of my nelnet accounts. i believe there are 8 of them. . . Would you like e-mail contacts?

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 88
bahbahd
Established Contributor

@NewbieReed wrote:

Dont give up. I got good will adjustments on all of my nelnet accounts. i believe there are 8 of them. . . Would you like e-mail contacts?

How did you do that? Wow. I have emails yet I'm never sure they were received. 

Message 4 of 88
ZeroG1MC

Thanks for the response. I would definitely appreciate you sending me the email contacts. Have a wonderful day!

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 703
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 88
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Please share your approach via PM also. 

Message 6 of 88
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

@bahbahd wrote:

@NewbieReed wrote:

Email contacts given to me by another user . So I just sent a truthful , heart felt letter explaining my situation to every one of them lol. idk. I guess it just got to the right person at the right time, ya kno?

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 88
SemperGumby
Contributor

For Newbie Reed.  Could you possibly PM me those Nelnet contacts?

Message 8 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love those contacts as well.  Thanks so so much.

Message 9 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you please share your NelNet strategy and contacts with me as well?

Message 10 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.