Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nelnet Late Payment Removal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nelnet Late Payment Removal

I am brand new here. This is my first post. I sent a message through Nelnet's "contact us" on their site. I have late payments from August 2010 through 2012. I asked them to remove them early if possible. I know August is right around the corner but I'm anxious to get these off. I want to purchase a home this Summer. Anyone ever have any luck getting these of their report with Nelnet?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nelnet Late Payment Removal

Welcome to the forums. I just paid off Nelnet and all throughout my time paying I tried to get lates removed. They would not budge. I hope you fair better. 

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue! I have called many times and the said the only way they will remove them is if I was in school or miliarty during that time. Which I wasn't. 

I am going to be sending a goodwill letter monday...hopefully that will help

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

May have better luck getting early exclusion thru the 3 individual credit companies. Search the board for early exclusion.
Message 4 of 12
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

Good luck. I"ve tried to get lates from 2013 removed for the past 13 months. Nelnet will not budge.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your feedback all very informative. I'm still waiting for a response....of course. I'll be back with an update when I get one! Thank you again!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been trying to get lates GW'd off for 2 years every month or so. No luck here. GL

Message 7 of 12
kats_rebuild
Contributor

I had numerous 120+ day lates from 2010 and 2011 on SL from Nelnet and ACS. I tried numerous times to get them to GW the lates but they wouldn't budge. But in October I was still able to secure a home loan through an FHA loan with a 3.25% interest rate. Additionally I was approved for a conventional mortage with a 3.75% rate, so there is home ownership hope despite old SL lates.

The only negative things on my credit report were the old student loan lates and inquiries. I just had to write an explanation for the lates when my file went to underwriting.

Frankly it's still really frustrating that the SL loan lates are on my file, but there is really nothing I can do. They will begin to age off this summer and finish aging off next year. I literally can't wait.

Chase CSR 22,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited 13,000 | Chase CSP 10,000| USAA Cash Back $7,000 | AA Silver Aviator Card $10,000 | AMEX Everyday $9,000 | Chase Freedom $3,000 | Capital One Cash Rewards $4,000 | Discover IT $4500 | Nordstrom Store Card $2000
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

This gives me great hope!
It's super frustrating I'm happy mine will finally begin to fall off this Summer as well. Thank you so much for sharing!!
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's such a relief to hear. The way my student loans are/were organized, it shows at 9 separate accounts with serious delinquency, even though they've been rehabbed and are current again -- it's absolutely killing my credit score. I've been working my butt off to pay off collections and charge-offs from a few years ago, and everything else that can be caught up is, but Nelnet just will not budge on those late marks. The SO and I were planning to try to buy a house in the near future, so it's good to hear there's a way to work around them.

Did you have any other negative marks that you'd already cleaned up when you went for your mortgage, or just the student loans? (I know you said it was the only negative thing showing; but were there any things you'd already fixed, or had you just not had anything else?) Were your lates on the SLs also showing across seperate accounts like mine seem to be doing?

@kats_rebuild wrote:

I had numerous 120+ day lates from 2010 and 2011 on SL from Nelnet and ACS. I tried numerous times to get them to GW the lates but they wouldn't budge. But in October I was still able to secure a home loan through an FHA loan with a 3.25% interest rate. Additionally I was approved for a conventional mortage with a 3.75% rate, so there is home ownership hope despite old SL lates.

The only negative things on my credit report were the old student loan lates and inquiries. I just had to write an explanation for the lates when my file went to underwriting.

Frankly it's still really frustrating that the SL loan lates are on my file, but there is really nothing I can do. They will begin to age off this summer and finish aging off next year. I literally can't wait.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.