Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nelnet removing lates?

tag
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

Nelnet removing lates?

Has anyone else recently been experiencing nelnet dropping lates off their report?

I have 5 student loans that hit 180 days late at the end of 2017 into the beginning of 2018, recently they keep dropping and are now reporting no more than 120 days late. My oldest loan also has been dropping lates that are only 4 years old.

I hope everyone else is getting this love!

FICO 8. EQ - 682. EX - 703. TU - 703
FICO 9. EQ - 735. EX - 716. TU - 749

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
AMEX Amazon Business - $5500 || Chase Ink Unlimited - $3000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nelnet removing lates?

I personally have never heard of this. You didn't get any type of forbearance or retroactive forbearance, did you?

I would suggest doing a search for Nelnet in the student loans forum and ask someone with Nelnet loans. Other than that, just count yourself lucky (if there's a point difference between 180 day and 120).
Message 2 of 5
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I personally have never heard of this. You didn't get any type of forbearance or retroactive forbearance, did you?

I would suggest doing a search for Nelnet in the student loans forum and ask someone with Nelnet loans. Other than that, just count yourself lucky (if there's a point difference between 180 day and 120).

1 whole point lol. I was signed up for a retroactive forbearance to bring it current, then later they said it wasnt retroactive so they couldnt change the late payment history, but now it seems to be changing itself.....Nelnet confuses the hell out of me! Aside from the 180>120 there have been multiple lates drop off over the last few months as well!

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, that makes sense. It's a "game" they play where they say they can't if you ask them and if you ask the CRA to remove it in a dispute, they will. Its good to know that Nelnet will eventually just stop reporting it.
That's too bad it's only one point but at least you got some relief with the retroactive forbearance. Glad that worked out for you.
Did you want any help going over there payment plans? If you're not already on an Income-driven repayment plan, it might be a helpful option. The payments are much lower and could lead to forgiveness.
Message 4 of 5
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Oh, that makes sense. It's a "game" they play where they say they can't if you ask them and if you ask the CRA to remove it in a dispute, they will. Its good to know that Nelnet will eventually just stop reporting it.
That's too bad it's only one point but at least you got some relief with the retroactive forbearance. Glad that worked out for you.
Did you want any help going over there payment plans? If you're not already on an Income-driven repayment plan, it might be a helpful option. The payments are much lower and could lead to forgiveness.

I appreciate the offer, but I'm currently on a payment plan, it's technically $0 but I'm still making payments. Funny thing is I really tried to get them to work with me on removing late payments but they couldn't because of big brother, I even offered to pay off 25% right then and there, didn't budge. I ended up just paying it down to below the original principle and have been making regular payments despite oweing $0/month, so I'm wondering if someone took pity and found a way to work around it lol. Thanks again for the offer though!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.