Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PSLF Waiver - Forgiveness comes in batches

tag
Ausfarm
Regular Contributor

New PSLF Waiver - Forgiveness comes in batches

Looks like Fedloan has started processing forgiveness in "batches."   Just learned this and thought I would share: https://twitter.com/rweingarten/status/1458268689321578499/photo/1

I've checked my myfedloan account so much I've started becoming paranoid that I'll check it at the exact moment the forgiveness is executed and prevent it from happening.  Anyway, thought there are some here that would be interested.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: New PSLF Waiver - Forgiveness comes in batches

Thanks for the info!

I'm always a little salty that I'm too old to have been eligible for this (not at the forgivness program itself) - I worked almost 20 years in public service, but my loans wouldn't have been eligible (FFEL).

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2 of 3
Ausfarm
Regular Contributor

Re: New PSLF Waiver - Forgiveness comes in batches

I understand.  I've worked in public service for 18 years so there are plenty of years I paid in (also FFEL) that I won't get back, but I do appreciate that I get some benefit.  It does seem like the later you graduated the higher the student loan debt.  I've heard crushing amounts from colleagues --I guess as college has gotten more and more expensive.  Idk.  I'm going to try to be grateful, but I totally get that some will benefit more than others. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.