Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New student loan reporting

tag
ChiknNuggz
Regular Contributor

New student loan reporting

I recently came out of student loan default on 2/24 as my loan is now with FedLoan my new servicer. My ? Is do you think i will see a change on my credit report sometime next week since these companies report at the end of the month and the end of the month is in 1 day or yall think it would be at the end of next month.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New student loan reporting

@ChiknNuggz wrote:

I recently came out of student loan default on 2/24 as my loan is now with FedLoan my new servicer. My ? Is do you think i will see a change on my credit report sometime next week since these companies report at the end of the month and the end of the month is in 1 day or yall think it would be at the end of next month.

If it is already with Fedloan - like you can call and they can pull up the account and you can create a login for their website/app and see your account - there is a very good chance it will appear soon.

They do tend to report at the end of the month.

I am wondering if it is a little different now that the SLs are back in deferment until 9/21, though.

My SO finished rehab in Dec/Jan and he has 3 of his SL accounts now with Fedloan, but they annouced the pause continuing until 9/21 right around the same time, and none of his loans have appeared on any of his CRs. For us, that is good, since we have so many, and our other servicer is reporting since there is no "pause" on those loans.

So, I guess you will just have to see this week if you see an update! No way to tell for sure!

Message 2 of 3
ChiknNuggz
Regular Contributor

Re: New student loan reporting

Im hoping sometime this week. I called fedloan and setup my new payment plan with them and setup an online account and can see my loans. I asked them and 2 different customer service repe for fedloans said my new loan should report when they send there report out at the end of the month. When your SO reported to the credit did he see a rise in hos credit score thats what im really hoping for.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.