Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Officially in Rehab

tag
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

Officially in Rehab

After a lot of research in the past 48 hours I've officially in Rehab! I was able to get my payments low because of "The Reasonable & Affordable Income," program. One month down 8 more to go! Wish me luck!

Started from the bottom, now I'm here: 4/20/15: EX-674 TU 704 EQ-677
TU-Clean...EQ & EX-1 Paid Collections & 1 Judgement
T minus 4 months until Operation EE!!
Goal: 750 Across the board! AMEX Approved! Living in the Garden
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Re: Officially in Rehab

Good luck! Congratulations on being officially in - and double congratulations on heading off the possibility of another garnishment. That, for me, was the best part. I didn't have to worry about any surprises.

Message 2 of 6
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

@InvincibleSummer3 wrote:

Good luck! Congratulations on being officially in - and double congratulations on heading off the possibility of another garnishment. That, for me, was the best part. I didn't have to worry about any surprises.

Thanks!!! Exactly!!!! That's what made me move so quickly, I figured after I filed my taxes this year it would only be a matter of time before that happened. Also thanks for the help, it was much appreciated. The links you provided sealed the deal for me. I was still iffy about it all, but in the end I don't want the possibility of a doubled balanced do to fees and intrest with reconsolidation. Plus my rehab intrest rate and montly payment is really good!!

Message 3 of 6
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Another perk: getting off the tax return offset list. Eight more months will put you right at the end of the year; it's really early to think about this, I know, but for sure once rehab's completed they should be able to get you off the list fairly quickly. I don't know if you have a tax return expected for 2013, but I got my first return in five years in February. That felt pretty darned good.

And you are very welcome. Keep us posted on how things are going. Rehabs are like snowflakes, apparently, no two are alike! Seeing how the process worked for others was a huge help to me.

Message 4 of 6
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

@InvincibleSummer3 wrote:

Another perk: getting off the tax return offset list. Eight more months will put you right at the end of the year; it's really early to think about this, I know, but for sure once rehab's completed they should be able to get you off the list fairly quickly. I don't know if you have a tax return expected for 2013, but I got my first return in five years in February. That felt pretty darned good.

And you are very welcome. Keep us posted on how things are going. Rehabs are like snowflakes, apparently, no two are alike! Seeing how the process worked for others was a huge help to me.

Actually that was my whole initiative behind making this move....getting my tax refunds back. As money hungry as it may sound I need my money!!! Yes I filed for 2013 but I know I'm not getting that back Smiley Sad But as soon as that day comes when I can get off the tax offset list I will be jumping for joy! I haven't gotten a return in 4 years!!!! This feels like a weight lifted off my shoulders....sure it's day one but now I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Before finding this board I figured I would be in default for life and never have a tax return. But now I'm getting my credit together, making this work for me not me working for it!

Message 5 of 6
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

That's not money hungry at all - I have an emergency savings fund for the first time in at least 10 years, because I got my return. Getting that money will allow you to work toward your financial goals. I spent so many years just feeling like I was not in control of my finances...it feels good to be driving the bus now, instead of letting it drive me!

I'm glad you're excited. The waiting is the hardest part, as the song goes. I am finished with my last rehab and waiting for the loan to go back to the original lender and HOLY WOW it is hard. The last few weeks are the worst, but I am hangin' in there.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.