cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions: Nelnet, Ease West Bank, Suntrust?

tag
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

Opinions: Nelnet, Ease West Bank, Suntrust?

What are your opinions on NelNet, Suntrust, and East West Bank for after my rehabbed student loan? Just seeking opinions on well they work with their customers...My rehab will be done in June.

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Re: Opinions: Nelnet, Ease West Bank, Suntrust?

I do not have a high opinion of Nelnet as a company in whole.  They have been involved with several questionable business practices and lawsuits for defrauding the US Government and loan recycling borrowers loans to their own internal benefit. Even when found guilty or at fault, the company has been able to worm their way out of fines, penalties, etc.  The benefit of having a well connected board.

The Nelnet website is easy to use. You won't have any problems if you stay on top of monthly payments and communications yourself. They always say they mailed some communication, most likely they did not. If you send in any documentation to them, you might as well send it over and over, call multiple times, constantly follow up with their customer service, otherwise they'll say "we did not receive it" after it is too late for you. Just keep making payments whenever they are due, no matter what documents you are sending in, and you will be fine.  The moment you are behind, it is _always_ your fault.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.