Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of Rehab on one loan and starting rehab in another

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of Rehab on one loan and starting rehab in another

I am out of rehab in one loan (which were listed on my credit report as 10 loans) and just started rehab on another loan. 

I am trying to refinance my home and need my credit score to go up, as soon as possible.

I have the following questions:

I see that the 10 loans that I was in rehab for aren't on my report anymore but my credit score hasn't changed. Will my credit score change because of this?

My employer owes me money for tuition reimbursement. If they do pay me, which loan should I pay down?

If I pay down the loan that is out of rehab, will that effect my credit score at all? 

I think if I pay the loan that is in rehab now, they will apply it to the fees first, and I don't want to do that.

I find myself looking at my credit score on this website every day to see if it has changed. I've become obsessed. 

Thanks so much for all of your help and advice. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Out of Rehab on one loan and starting rehab in another

Once you complete rehab and your loan is picked up by a new servicer, they will put a clean tradeline on your report, backdated to when the loan was originally opened.  This can boost your score because it often increases your average age of accounts, it might also give you some points for credit mix if you don't have any installment loans reporting.

I would apply the money from your employer to the loan with the highest interest rate.  Wait until the loan you want to apply it to is done with rehab and make the payment to the new servicer.  Paying down installment loans has a very minimal impact on your credit score, so I wouldn't hope for a boost from this.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Out of Rehab on one loan and starting rehab in another

Thanks so much for your help. You've helped alot.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.