cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSLF Annual Cert...just take your time FedLoans...

tag
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

PSLF Annual Cert...just take your time FedLoans...

Wondering is anyone else who has been doing annual certifications for PSLF has notificed the glacially slooooow pace of FedLoan Servicing. I submitted mine in mid-January, and here we are at the end April. Calls in to reps just result in them saying that yes they confirm receipt of my docs, but due to Covid they are experienced delays etc etc etc.

While I can understand some delay, almost 4 months is crazy. What's amplifying the situation is I'm certifying for year 9, and I'll be filing for discharge in January 2022. If that takes 4 months to process, I'm not looking to make 4 additional payments when it should all be discharged. Ughhh, patience is a virtue I need to develop.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PSLF Annual Cert...just take your time FedLoans...

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

Wondering is anyone else who has been doing annual certifications for PSLF has notificed the glacially slooooow pace of FedLoan Servicing. I submitted mine in mid-January, and here we are at the end April. Calls in to reps just result in them saying that yes they confirm receipt of my docs, but due to Covid they are experienced delays etc etc etc.

While I can understand some delay, almost 4 months is crazy. What's amplifying the situation is I'm certifying for year 9, and I'll be filing for discharge in January 2022. If that takes 4 months to process, I'm not looking to make 4 additional payments when it should all be discharged. Ughhh, patience is a virtue I need to develop.

I submitted mine in mid-February and it is still not completed. I received a status update at the beginning of this month with an apology for the delay and reassurance that it would be done promptly but nothing yet. In the past, their turnaround has been pretty fast for me. Calls in to reps have not yielded any response for me either - all they can tell me it is still being reviewed. 

Message 2 of 9
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@PullingMeSoftly  when you log into your Fed Loan account and click check my progress (for PSLF), do you see your payments qualified as eligible? 

I imagine forbearance will be extended past its current September 2021 date. That four month gap between Sep 21 and Jan 22 might be covered if the forbearance is extended. 

Message 3 of 9
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I submitted mine in mid-February and it is still not completed. I received a status update at the beginning of this month with an apology for the delay and reassurance that it would be done promptly but nothing yet. In the past, their turnaround has been pretty fast for me. Calls in to reps have not yielded any response for me either - all they can tell me it is still being reviewed. 

@Anonymous Glad to know I'm not the only one, yep they used to be much faster in the past. I just spoke with a rep who gave me a more clear explanation. He says that there were so many people claiming to work for questionable non-profits that they had to clamp down and go through a more thorough employer eligibilty process. This now involves Federal Student Aid being a part of that verification process, and now we're all supposed to used the PSLF help tool through FSA to verify our employment. That results in a verification number being generated on the PDF that is provided to print, which we're then supposed to upload to FedLoan Servicing. When I asked if I should resubmit with the PDF from the help tool, the rep indicated that wouldn't help and to just wait. Uggghhhh so frustrating that they didn't tell any of us about it!!! Bureaucracy at it's absolute finest...

Message 4 of 9
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@PullingMeSoftly  when you log into your Fed Loan account and click check my progress (for PSLF), do you see your payments qualified as eligible? 

I imagine forbearance will be extended past its current September 2021 date. That four month gap between Sep 21 and Jan 22 might be covered if the forbearance is extended. 

@lhcole77 Unfortunately my PSLF count is still not showing the correct amount, which I hope will be remedied when they finish the review process. The good thing is that a rep I spok to says that when I go to file for year 10 discharge in January, any payments I make while they are processing the discharge will be refunded back to me, so at least there's a safety mechanism. Sooo close now, I hate student loans.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous Glad to know I'm not the only one, yep they used to be much faster in the past. I just spoke with a rep who gave me a more clear explanation. He says that there were so many people claiming to work for questionable non-profits that they had to clamp down and go through a more thorough employer eligibilty process. This now involves Federal Student Aid being a part of that verification process, and now we're all supposed to used the PSLF help tool through FSA to verify our employment. That results in a verification number being generated on the PDF that is provided to print, which we're then supposed to upload to FedLoan Servicing. When I asked if I should resubmit with the PDF from the help tool, the rep indicated that wouldn't help and to just wait. Uggghhhh so frustrating that they didn't tell any of us about it!!! Bureaucracy at it's absolute finest...

Finally something other than it is "still in process". They really could have told us this a long time ago. Smh. I guess we just have to sit back and wait; hopefully, not another 3-4 months. Thanks for the much needed info :-) 

Message 6 of 9
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

I hope that everything goes smoothly. Please...keep us posted.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 7 of 9
silentforamoment

I work with myfedloan.org and they advised me that the IRS has a new system in place that checks my work history and due to Covid19 that is part of the delay. They received my documentation to show work status, but nothing is yet updated because of this new system. I also had to resubmit my annual income-based repayment plan and I have to wait for results after next year since payments are halted.

Message 8 of 9
unsungivy
Established Contributor

Submitted on 5/7... certified on 8/2. Lol.

SD - Biz -
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.