Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSLF Discharge - Whew!!

tag
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

PSLF Discharge - Whew!!

Just received the official notification that my loans are finally forgiven under PSLF! I'm beyond relieved and so utterly thankful that this albatross is off my back! The limited waiver recalculations have been coming through, so I'm glad to have been included in this latest round. It's been over 10 YEARS, and I was originally looking at a January 2022 discharge, so this is coming a couple months earlier than expected. Phone rep stated that the recalculations under the limited waiver actually have me qualifying for discharge as of May 2021. Regardless, I am so relieved that this is done prior to FedLoan Servicing transferring accounts to other lenders, that would have been a gigantic mess.

So in total $27,000 discharged! That's not as dramatic as some of the 6-figure amounts I've seen, but hey, that is still a substantial amount to me, especially after so many years of payments. For anyone reading this who is going through the PSLF process, remember it will happen and the waiver recounts will help, stay patient and stay the course!

PSLF Discharge Notification Ltr 2021-11-12 (edit).jpg

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
ccquest
Established Contributor

Re: PSLF Discharge - Whew!!

Congrats! Hopefully I'll be in your place in about 5.5 years! Based on when I started repaying, it should be January 2027, but with the forbearance and probably a servicer transfer or two, I'm sure it'll get delayed.

You and a lot of others got their loans forgiven in the past week so the waiver is really helping.
as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 2 of 17
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Awesome to hear!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 17
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

Thanks @ccquest & @Shooting-For-800! I'm pretty stoked but at the same time paranoid of something being too good to be true, just my habitual thinking. I've printed and screen shot everything I can as documentation just in case, but glad that this saga is finally over. Best to both of you in your journey as well!

Message 4 of 17
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

My DW is 5-6 years in so I know the stress and anxiety involved.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 5 of 17
calyx
Super Contributor

Huge congrats!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 6 of 17
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations! 🎉

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 7 of 17
schsa210
Established Contributor

Wow!  Your FedLoan statement looks nice!  Congrats!

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 8 of 17
Kasuito39
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your PSLF discharge.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations. And very quickly. I'm guessing you were in direct loans already? I've been paying on FFEL since 2010 with one year of forbearance mixed in so I think I will be in the same boat as you. I just applied to consolidate into a direct loan. Does anyone know how long this takes?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.