Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help. Need advice on my next step after Loan Rehab

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help. Need advice on my next step after Loan Rehab

Hi everyone, 

Please see the below timeline of where I am currently. 

September 2017 - Started loan rehab 

6/4- Completed loan rehab program

6/11- Confirmed with US Depmnt of Ed and the collections agency that my remaining loan of ~4k will go to Navient. 

6/12- Opened dispute with all 3 credit reporting agencies 
6/19 - 3 out of the 4 accounts are deleted. 

6/25 - Received mail from Navient on my remaining ~4k amount, created account on their site, paid in full in one payment. 

6/26 -1 out of the 4 accounts came back as "verified and updated". It also brought down 8 points in my Credit Karma report as being late despite having 0 balance on it. 

4 student loan accounts in total in my credit report:
3 - from US DEPT OF EDUCATION with same contact information. These accounts were deleted off my report about a week of opening the disputes. 

1 - from US DEPT. OF EDUCATION/Great Lakes in Wisconsin. This was not removed. Investigation results "Verified and updated" with remarks "ACCT CLOSED DUE TO TRANSFER; TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER OFFICE". It currently has zero balance in this account. It was closed back in August of 2015. It has 9 of the  90-120 days late remarks. 

I am lost on what I should do next to get that last negative account moved. I would sincerely appreciate your advice. 

Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

Re: Please help. Need advice on my next step after Loan Rehab

You completed loan rehab less than a month ago. You need to give them time to report. This will typically take 30-45 days.

Also, student loan rehab doesn't remove the account nor does it remove the lates (I wish, haha). It just removes the derogatory status on the account and will show "Paid account as agreed" or similar.

EX 8: Aug 2021 - 692 | EQ 8: Aug 2021 - 714 | TU 8: Aug 2021 - 673
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.