Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private student loan FALL OFF!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Private student loan FALL OFF!

So in 2005 I decided to attend ITT Technical Institute. Expensive school!! Not worth if for me so I left after a year. But not before spending about 20k in student loans. (I DIDNT KNOW ANY BETTER!!) So after defaulting on all the loans, i currently have 14k of Sallie Mae/Navient private loans in default. However, they are labeled to fall of 4/2016!! I know there is some confusion as to which loans get dropped of credit report and which dont, but in my experience.... Sallie Mae contacted me too late past the SOL to bring me to court, so no judgements there, and after speaking with the bureaus those TL's will be removed. As far as the other 6k from federal loans... Those will be owed to the GOVERNMENT FOREVER.. and your wages and income taxes will be garnished. I am currently doing REHAB for those to bring them current and make positive tradelines. Should increase me AAoA! Just some friendly help to those still questioning.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.