cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rehab #1 & #2 completed - timeline/DPs NMSL/180Resolutions & ECMC (Navient)

ChiknNuggz
Regular Contributor

Re: Rehab #1 & #2 completed - timeline/DPs NMSL/180Resolutions & ECMC (Navient)

Yea slow ppl but your right things have moved pretty quickly. Im nervous about the new tradelines hitting tho. Its only 5K and according to experian it wouldnt do any harm to my credit score but 😩 neevous it will. I need another 30point boost man. Also, call to ensure you are out of CAIVERS now as well

Message 61 of 88
KitKats
Established Member

@ChiknNuggz wrote:

Yea slow ppl but your right things have moved pretty quickly. Im nervous about the new tradelines hitting tho. Its only 5K and according to experian it wouldnt do any harm to my credit score but 😩 neevous it will. I need another 30point boost man. Also, call to ensure you are out of CAIVERS now as well

@ChiknNuggz  who would I call to see?

Message 62 of 88
ChiknNuggz
Regular Contributor

Just call the dept of edu. You should have automatically came off when you came out of default but nothing wrong with calling to make sure ya know.

Message 63 of 88
ChiknNuggz
Regular Contributor

Hello my fellow defaulters.  Hoping this finds you all well. I have another update a of today 3/31/21 Dept of Edu Tradeline have been removed from my Equifax  report and got a score increase of 37 points.  Equifax did take 15 days longer to report than the other bueros.  FedLoan still has not reported the new tradelines. Tomorrow will make 2 months since Fedloan has had my new loan and reported to the buero.  I did call them and spoke to a rep and he said that they are reporting BUT it might now show due to the cares and and no payment being required. So will update that if anything happens. So over all i got 25+, 25+, and 37+ increase and now to start the pre-approval process for a mortage.  Thank you all for all your help i am forever gratefull!!

Message 64 of 88
KitKats
Established Member

@ChiknNuggz wrote:

Hello my fellow defaulters.  Hoping this finds you all well. I have another update a of today 3/31/21 Dept of Edu Tradeline have been removed from my Equifax  report and got a score increase of 37 points.  Equifax did take 15 days longer to report than the other bueros.  FedLoan still has not reported the new tradelines. Tomorrow will make 2 months since Fedloan has had my new loan and reported to the buero.  I did call them and spoke to a rep and he said that they are reporting BUT it might now show due to the cares and and no payment being required. So will update that if anything happens. So over all i got 25+, 25+, and 37+ increase and now to start the pre-approval process for a mortage.  Thank you all for all your help i am forever gratefull!!

@ChiknNuggz  I got a 37pt increase with EX also as mine finally was removed. I still have no new tradelines reporting yet either. So the rep told you the credit Bs may not add the new tradelines because of the covid forbearence?

Message 65 of 88
ChiknNuggz
Regular Contributor

Yep they might not add it. Which im ok with cause im doing mortgage pre approvals tomorrow lol. Congrats on your increase!! Dam good increase!

Message 66 of 88
KitKats
Established Member

@ChiknNuggz wrote:

Yep they might not add it. Which im ok with cause im doing mortgage pre approvals tomorrow lol. Congrats on your increase!! Dam good increase!

@ChiknNuggz  Thank you! congrats to you as well, and Goodluck!!.. I started mine yesterday currently waiting..lol

Message 67 of 88
LaHossBoss
Senior Contributor

Just wanted to give a quick update of SL happenings:

For me:

* EX removed *all* the SL lates from the NMSLs! I got a very small boost to 640 EX F8 (+9pt).

I still find this a win because once the FedLoan/US Dept of Ed defaulted loans/CAs come off in July I hope to see a boost and then my biggest boost will be in Dec when the last CA (of 3) comes off and I have a completely clean EX CR! Baby steps! I am definitely getting more anxious the closer I get!

* TU has not updated NMSL accounts for last month, yet, so I'm (im)patiently waiting to see what happens with the lates on 2 of the 5 SLs. I do think they should be removed, still, since the lates are not on EQ, were removed from EX, and removed from the other 3 of the 5 SLs on TU. Each month the SLs have been corrected a little more, so I am hoping this next update (any day now!) will be the final one and they get it right!

One thing I did find odd, even though there are 20 lates x each SL listed in the payment grid, only 8 are "reported" for 2/2017-5/2017, but 10 are "listed", with the "last late payment" date of 11/2014. So I am not sure if that is when all the lates are supposed to disappear? Or I just keep waiting for the kinks to be worked out. Something is definitely screwy...

For SO:

* EX removed all the lates for the SLs with NMSL! No score change.

* NMSL finally reported to TU today! It is just as messy as my reports with TU and NMSL. I am not sure why TU is having such a hard time with this!

They changed the account numbers, left them as the same account, removed "remarks", but now show open instead of closed, and left all the lates for all 3 accounts on the payment grids (unlike me where they only dud this to 2 of 5 SLs), but are now only "reporting" there was 6 lates (2 lates x each SL) even though the payment grid still shows 9 lates for each SL.  Not sure what I am going to do about TU for both SP and myself.

This reporting update did give SO a decent +20 pt boost on TU F8 bringing him back up to 675!

* FedLoan still not reporting the 4 SLs. Again, and like others have stated, I do not think they will be reporting until the Cares Act forebearance ends.

Starting Score: 2•20 | EQ 550 | TU 498 | EX 505
Current Score: 4•21 | EQ [F8 651] [F9 651] [EQ5 684] [VS3 630] | TU [F8 717] [F9 692] [TU4 723] [VS3 639] | EX [F8 718] [F9 673] [EX2 681] [VS3 675]
Goal Score: 670 [X] TU [X] EX

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

SO Starting Score: 2•20 | EQ 502 | TU 484 | EX 521
SO Current Score: 4•21 | EQ [F8 661] [F9 622] [EQ5 677] [VS3 646] | TU [F8 705] [F9 673] [TU4 639] [VS3 627] [VS4 666] | EX [F8 719] [F9 708] [EX2 679] [VS3 665]

Message 68 of 88
Birdman7
Super Contributor

@LaHossBoss wrote:

Just wanted to give a quick update of SL happenings:

For me:

* EX removed *all* the SL lates from the NMSLs! I got a very small boost to 640 EX F8 (+9pt).

I still find this a win because once the FedLoan/US Dept of Ed defaulted loans/CAs come off in July I hope to see a boost and then my biggest boost will be in Dec when the last CA (of 3) comes off and I have a completely clean EX CR! Baby steps! I am definitely getting more anxious the closer I get!

* TU has not updated NMSL accounts for last month, yet, so I'm (im)patiently waiting to see what happens with the lates on 2 of the 5 SLs. I do think they should be removed, still, since the lates are not on EQ, were removed from EX, and removed from the other 3 of the 5 SLs on TU. Each month the SLs have been corrected a little more, so I am hoping this next update (any day now!) will be the final one and they get it right!

One thing I did find odd, even though there are 20 lates x each SL listed in the payment grid, only 8 are "reported" for 2/2017-5/2017, but 10 are "listed", with the "last late payment" date of 11/2014. So I am not sure if that is when all the lates are supposed to disappear? Or I just keep waiting for the kinks to be worked out. Something is definitely screwy...

For SO:

* EX removed all the lates for the SLs with NMSL! No score change.

* NMSL finally reported to TU today! It is just as messy as my reports with TU and NMSL. I am not sure why TU is having such a hard time with this!

They changed the account numbers, left them as the same account, removed "remarks", but now show open instead of closed, and left all the lates for all 3 accounts on the payment grids (unlike me where they only dud this to 2 of 5 SLs), but are now only "reporting" there was 6 lates (2 lates x each SL) even though the payment grid still shows 9 lates for each SL.  Not sure what I am going to do about TU for both SP and myself.

This reporting update did give SO a decent +20 pt boost on TU F8 bringing him back up to 675!

* FedLoan still not reporting the 4 SLs. Again, and like others have stated, I do not think they will be reporting until the Cares Act forebearance ends.

@LaHossBoss take it for what it's worth, but my theory is the payment grid means nothing it is just for your viewing pleasure; the only thing that matters is the textual comments, imho. 

-Scoring wisdom: General Scoring Primer, Payment History, Amount of Debt, Length of History/New Credit, Mix/Disputes/Freezes/Searches, Mortgage Scores/Negative Reason Codes/V.9, Helpful Links,
CassieCard’s Reason Statements Thread,
iv's friendly statement to reason statement concordance,

ccquest’s Workbook to calculate metrics.
Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Revolver - 8,9; Clean/Thick/Mature/No New Account - 5/4/2.
Correct Ag.Util. under 5% all times. (Oldest/avg varies. Estimates above.)
Real world mortgage maxes are: EQ5-818, TU4-839, EX2-844.

(Everything said is JMHO and is not endorsed by FICO or MF. I have no affiliation with either, just a grateful member.)
Message 69 of 88
LaHossBoss
Senior Contributor

@LaHossBoss take it for what it's worth, but my theory is the payment grid means nothing it is just for your viewing pleasure; the only thing that matters is the textual comments, imho. 

@Birdman7 so the odd thing is, payment grid aside, is the "reported" lates and the "last late payment".

There are reportedly 8 lates between the 2 x SLs, so, 4 for each. Then, in the listed lates, there are 5 for each SL (120d: 11/2014 and 2/2017-5/2017). *Then* it lists "last late payment" as 11/2014. I mean, weird, right? None of it makes sense, even when I disregard the payment grid.

Now what makes this further complicated is that I "actually" have 6 x SLs with NMSL. TU lists only 5. Fine. But, of the 5 originally defaulted SLs, TU "removed" 3 of the SLs, and they replaced them with 3 "new" back dated TLs (this is accurate and what should happen after rehab). The other 2 SLs, they "changed" the account number and made a mess of the payment history, as outlined above.

Now with SO, similar-ish. TU took all 3 SLs and "updated" the account number. So, technically, as I was saying before, this is a little more complex since the SLs stayed with the same servicer after rehab and are technically the same accounts, which could be construed as double reporting, but hey, on EQ and EX with the lates being removed, we will take the huge boost in AAoA, but with TU, there is only one set of SLs for SO and the mixed new/old SLs for me. It makes zero sense.

Starting Score: 2•20 | EQ 550 | TU 498 | EX 505
Current Score: 4•21 | EQ [F8 651] [F9 651] [EQ5 684] [VS3 630] | TU [F8 717] [F9 692] [TU4 723] [VS3 639] | EX [F8 718] [F9 673] [EX2 681] [VS3 675]

SO Starting Score: 2•20 | EQ 502 | TU 484 | EX 521
SO Current Score: 4•21 | EQ [F8 661] [F9 622] [EQ5 677] [VS3 646] | TU [F8 705] [F9 673] [TU4 639] [VS3 627] [VS4 666] | EX [F8 719] [F9 708] [EX2 679] [VS3 665]

Message 70 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.