Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rehab Complete: Original credit not coming off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rehab Complete: Original credit not coming off

I have disputed nelnet many times, they are the original creditor and are rufusing to remove from my report. I have rehabbed and now show open, never late on rehabbed loans. I have called nelnet and they refuse to fix.

How do i get them removed?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rehab Complete: Original credit not coming off

Are you trying to get the lates removed? Because they don't come off. The lates up until you started the rehab stay. I rehab'd like you and the loans are now with NelNet. Essentially the lates in question aren't owned by nelnet in my case. Nelnet bought the loan after rehab from fedloan. Fedloan won't remove mine because they didn't get any money until the rehab started if that makes any sense. The only thing rehab ensures is that the derogatory mark of "Default" is removed from your reports. Everything else is at the whim of the loan servicers. If anyone knows otherwise feel free to advise. You would be helping TC and myself a ton. From what I have researched there isn't anything you can do if you are trying to get your old lates removed.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just started rehab. They told me that once rehab is complete. All lates will removed and accounts will state paid as agreement as if they were never late. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just started rehab. They told me that once rehab is complete. All lates will removed and accounts will state paid as agreement as if they were never late. 

I thought that is what they said, too, but it's not. They remove *current* derogatories and remove collection accounts if the loans were defaulted.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

"In addition, national consumer reporting agencies (credit bureaus) will be instructed to remove the record of the default from your credit history for the rehabilitated loan. However, late payments reported before the loan defaulted will not be removed from your credit history."

https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/default/get-out#loan-rehab

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.