Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rehab Finished, I think?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rehab Finished, I think?

I started the process with FHCann at the end of last year after reading threads here. July was my last month of the rehab and I didn't think much of it because of everything going on. USPS sent me a letter from Fedloan, who the loan got transferred to, to update my contact information. I just got the time to do that, and I see that my loan was in fact transferred in the beginning of August based on the letter in my inbox. (Aug. 5th to be exact) - I haven't seen any change to my credit, am I missing something? I guess my question is, will it and if not, what would be the cause of that? I have 4  loans showing the status: Forebearance

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

Re: Rehab Finished, I think?

Not 100% sure it applies to your situation, but FedLoan is honoring Trumps executive order for 0% interest and no payments on student loans through the end of 2020.

My student loans with them claim a payment isn't due until February 13, 2021 (I've been continuing to pay my normal payment through the whole forbearance period).

Be sure to make all of your payments in a timely fashion, as it's been my experience (from 2012 missed payments) that FedLoan Servicing doesn't do goodwill adjustments to late payments. As always YMMV.

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 2 of 3
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Rehab Finished, I think?

@Anonymous wrote:

I started the process with FHCann at the end of last year after reading threads here. July was my last month of the rehab and I didn't think much of it because of everything going on. USPS sent me a letter from Fedloan, who the loan got transferred to, to update my contact information. I just got the time to do that, and I see that my loan was in fact transferred in the beginning of August based on the letter in my inbox. (Aug. 5th to be exact) - I haven't seen any change to my credit, am I missing something? I guess my question is, will it and if not, what would be the cause of that? I have 4  loans showing the status: Forebearance

Welcome to the wonderful world of "slow moving servicers"

All of your loans *should* be in forebearance unless you requested otherwise.   Due to the CARES Act & the Executive order extending the student loan forebearance & 0% interest provisions until the end of 2020.

Now is a great time to pay on your student loans, because 100% will be going to the principle, which will ultimately lower your interest (unless you're going for one of the forgiveness options, in which case paying doesn't do you much good).

As far as your credit report - you should have the four loans in good standing (& in forebearance).   Are the "open" dates the original?  And have any collections accounts been removed?  If so, you'd be good!    Rehab doesn't guarantee that lates will be removed (assuming lates were incurred within the last 7 years), but that happens sometimes (depending on the servicer).

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.