Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rehab Lates AFTER Default

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rehab Lates AFTER Default

I defaulted with Navient in 2012 and was transferred to the New York State Department of Education.  Once there they garnished my wages and that continuted until 2016.  At that time I learned of the rehab program.  I finished the rehab program on April 1 2017.

WIll the negative information, (Default status AND late payments), be removed from the DEPT of ED tradeline or just the status?  I already know Navient will only adjust the payment status.

How long should I wait for the TL's to update?  Should I dispute them all?  Great Lakes picked up my loans so I opened a transunion dispute with DEPT of ED.  Is it likely that the dispute will result in them deleting the TL entirely?  Will the dispute get the lates removed?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rehab Lates AFTER Default

I used to be with Great Lakes before I consolidated with FedLoan to pay off my defaulted loans. I was told that Great Lakes reports at the end of the month. My loans with Great Lakes were paid off on April 10th, and I called them to verify when the information would be updated on my credit report, and I was told April 28th. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.