Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rehab and student loans reporting

tag
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Rehab and student loans reporting

My Wife completed her rehab several months back. Since then all the collections were deleted and the bad TLs are gone. That resulted in a nice score bump. However the new loans have not shown up yet on the credit report. Her first payment is this month after we took the loans out of the automatic deferment. Should her loans start reporting soon?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ChiknNuggz
Regular Contributor

Re: Rehab and student loans reporting

From all the information that i read/researched her loans should be reporting soon. Sometimes can take 30-60days after the deferment is stopped.  I am in my 7th month of rehab.  How many points did your wifes score rise. Im anxiously  wiating for mine to be done lol  

Message 2 of 9
calyx
Super Contributor

SL servicers sometimes run really slow on reporting.    I've had them as much as 4 months behind after getting a new loan (consolidation).

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 3 of 9
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

All the badies came off in Nov, she got 50 points across the board. It was a nice boost. Then we got her last collection remove from some old bill and in Jan her scores sky rocketed into the 700s.

Message 4 of 9
ChiknNuggz
Regular Contributor

Very nice. I only have 1 collection on my report. Im at a 630 so hoping one rehab is done i see a nice rise and ahve the dam monkey off my back of student loans lol. Luckly its only 4K owed.

Message 5 of 9
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

My Wife was under 630, now 700s. Even some high 700s.

Message 6 of 9
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@calyx wrote:

SL servicers sometimes run really slow on reporting.    I've had them as much as 4 months behind after getting a new loan (consolidation).

^ +1  My loan transfer took nearly 3 months and for me this was not a consolidation.

Message 7 of 9
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I am hoping she sees another bump in her scores when they report. She has no open installment loans. These back dated loans should bump her up more.

Message 8 of 9
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

They finally reported on her EQ and TU. Her TU mortgage score went up 30 points. Will be interesting to see what her EX mortgage score does when it reports. Already at a 739 without it reporting. Her TU with it reporting is 732.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.