Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rehab complete... But...

tag
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Rehab complete... But...

That sounds like how my rehab was treated, but mine still listed out the original loans.
Is the start date for the new loan correct?  If it's a consolidated loan, it would have a recent opened date; rehabbed loans will have the original date (which makes me wonder how they're reporting the opened date since it was 5 lines, presumably from different semesters/terms).

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 11 of 15
Bellasmom15
New Contributor

I just looked and it has the open date listed as August 2013... which is the date I took out the first loan when I went to school. The other loans were taken out in November 2013, January 2014, and February 2015. But only the August 2013 is listed as the open date.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had a chat with Dept of Education. They said:
'You would have to contact your Loan Servicer for that infomation. Each servicer has their own requirements, we do not have that information on our end.
It will depend on them.
You can visit My Federal Student Aid to view information about all of the federal student loans you have received and to find contact information for the loan servicer or lender for your loans.
You can also view them on the National Student Loan Data System, NSLDS.ed.gov, by logging in and clicking Financial Aid Review. "
And:
"Corrections or updates to NSLDS may take up to 90 days to appear."
So that could be there answer (it's up to the servicer) but it might also not be because they almost ALWAYS tell me they can't tell me and to talk with the servicer. *Grinds teeth*
Message 13 of 15
calyx
Super Contributor

I suppose the good news (at least) is that the opening date is the "best" one you could have hoped for.

Good luck with whatever avenue you pursue!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to pop in and say please, please, please keep on top of this. If you don't hear anything about continuing payments/from a new servicer within 2-3 months, please start making phone calls.  I did not and the servicer lost my loan and it's biting me in the rear right now (see my thread "collection agency doesn't want me to rehab" for the whole messy saga).  Never got paperwork that I'd finished my rehab or anything.  What a mess. I hope your experience is 1000x better than mine has been.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.