cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rehab complete. Tradeline deleted. Reappeared with negative info.

tag
soamazin55
Valued Member

Rehab complete. Tradeline deleted. Reappeared with negative info.

So, this is sooo wildly disappointing. Completed a rehab with Heartland ECSI with the understanding that negative info would be deleted after completion. It was reporting 120 day lates each month for the entire 9-month rehab which reading through this forum told me wasn't abnormal.

9th payment in April. Entire tradeline deleted in May (for a huge score boost) - report updated a few days to show good standing as of last payment but ALSO the string of lates during rehab!! I know ECSI will continue to keep the loan so I called them. Weird response. First they tell me that the account is in good standing and that they only report to EX which is odd because this loan has only ever reported to TU. Rep made it seem like an issue with TU. Called TU - told me the only way to handle was a dispute. Which I did...but...anyone know what could be going on??

2 REPLIES 2
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Rehab complete. Tradeline deleted. Reappeared with negative info.

I can't answer with everything going on with the student loan reporting to the various CRBs, but, them continuing to report the lates is correct.  Some servicers will delete them, some won't.  What's required by the law is only that they removed the default.   Technically, the line is in good standing (as it's not defaulted and current), and the lates will age off at 7 years.

You can try to goodwill the lates off, but it will probably be an uphill battle.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rehab complete. Tradeline deleted. Reappeared with negative info.

@soamazin55 wrote:

So, this is sooo wildly disappointing. Completed a rehab with Heartland ECSI with the understanding that negative info would be deleted after completion. It was reporting 120 day lates each month for the entire 9-month rehab which reading through this forum told me wasn't abnormal.

9th payment in April. Entire tradeline deleted in May (for a huge score boost) - report updated a few days to show good standing as of last payment but ALSO the string of lates during rehab!! I know ECSI will continue to keep the loan so I called them. Weird response. First they tell me that the account is in good standing and that they only report to EX which is odd because this loan has only ever reported to TU. Rep made it seem like an issue with TU. Called TU - told me the only way to handle was a dispute. Which I did...but...anyone know what could be going on??

It is an issue only with TU.

This happened to both me and my SO with our defaulted SLs. All the lates and negative TLs came off EQ and EX, but most baddies remained (not all in my case, only 2 of 6 accounts).

I decided I would rather have 2 clean reports and wait out TU than to really mess it up and end up with 3 dirty reports. They are not required to delete the lates or the TLs, so I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth!

Since it is only one bureau reporting, it is still going to be a bettle to force them to remove lates they dont have to.

Wjat TU did is re-add the original accounts but updated them with the "new" account numbers and left the lates, after deleting the tradelines first.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.