Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Not Removing Old Delinquencies

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae Not Removing Old Delinquencies

@poohda23 wrote:

How can they report late payments after the loan was closed?  They are not reporting lates prior to 2/04, they have been reporting lates from 2005 to 2012.  When I called them I was told that they do not show they are even reporting on my credit report

OHH, that wasn't how I understood your other post.  So you're saying you weren't being reported late while the account was open, but now that it's closed, they are showing late payments from AFTER the account was closed?

Message 11 of 23
poohda23
New Contributor

Correct I had no lates before while they had the loan, but they are reporting the last seven years as late every month and I don't know what to do about it.  I have tried disputing and it keeps coming back as verified

Message 12 of 23
laz98
Senior Contributor

Were you ever late?  That is a strange scenario.

Message 13 of 23
poohda23
New Contributor

No, my current with AES/Suntrust which I have had since 2/04 shows current and no lates.  I don't understand it either, but I really want it fixed and removed.

Message 14 of 23
laz98
Senior Contributor

But you were never late when it was with Sallie Mae?

Message 15 of 23
poohda23
New Contributor

No
Message 16 of 23
laz98
Senior Contributor

I'd be sending them a letter that says WTH is your problem Sallie Mae!!!

Message 17 of 23
sking47us
New Visitor

can you take sallie mae off your credit report old account, trying to get a mortgage, what can I do

Message 18 of 23
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

@sking47us wrote:

can you take sallie mae off your credit report old account, trying to get a mortgage, what can I do

Is this a closed account? What kind of negative info is being reported?

Message 19 of 23
kjel
Established Contributor

You might try contacting the Student Loan Ombudsman office to help sort things out if all other efforts don't succeed.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.