Sallie Mae Outrageous Repayment

tag
michintom
Valued Member

Re: Sallie Mae Outrageous Repayment

@laz98 wrote:

@michintom wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

Those all sound like federal loans, if the DL you are referring to is Direct Loans.  You should be able to roll all of those into IBR.

Thank you for the reply.  As long as I can lower the monthly payments, it would be great.

You might have to apply for IBR more than once, if you have loans with different lenders or loan servicers, but it's worth it.

Thank you for the reply.  I'll be calling first thing on May 1st.  Smiley Happy  

Hopefully, I will be able to get to apply for IBR more than once like you mentioned.  

Starting Score: 660
Current Score: 691
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 13
laz98
Senior Contributor

You should be able to.  If my freaking tax return ever gets processed, I'm going to put the other half of my loans into IBR as well.

Message 12 of 13
kimbia
Valued Member

If it makes you feel any better, I am currently in forbearance on what is now $225K in conslidated federal student loans :-\ No idea how I am going to make payments when the forbearance ends in June...In fact, most of the baddies on my credit report are from ignoring the issue and letting them go 150+ days late, so don't make the same mistake Smiley Happy

Current Scores:EQ: 726 (07/13) | TU: 656 (03/13) | EX: 715 (07/13)
Goal Scores (2013): EQ: 750 | TU: 700 | EX: 730 - Last app: 11 May 2013 - Done apping for the foreseeable future
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.