Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Reporting Issue

tag
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Sallie Mae Reporting Issue

Everyone --

Sallie Mae is aware of the recent reporting problem and is submitting corrections to Equifax this week.  Once these corrections are made the FICO scores should go back to where they were, depending of course on any changes to other accounts in the meantime.

I will provide updates on this situation as I receive them.

Hang in there.  Help is on the way!

Barry
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Sallie Mae Reporting Issue

It's been confirmed that the Sallie Mae data corrections have been made at Equifax and that the reports and scores should now be back to normal.  This incorrect data was only posted at Equifax, so there's no need to be concerned about any such impact to reports and scores at TransUnion and Experian.

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback here on this situation!

Barry

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Barry,

My score has not been fixed (due to the Sallie Mae issue it dropped by 50 points) - do I need to do something in order to have it corrected?

thank you !
Message 3 of 26
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Princess03 wrote:
Hi Barry,

My score has not been fixed (due to the Sallie Mae issue it dropped by 50 points) - do I need to do something in order to have it corrected?

thank you !

Hi Princess03,

Have you ordered an updated Equifax report yet today?  If so, and the Sallie Mae trade line and score haven't changed, let me know.

If you haven't ordered a new report,  you'll need to do that to see if your info has been updated.  Or, if you have Score Watch, you should receive an alert within the next couple of days.

Barry
Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Barry- I subscribe to my Fico, so I'll give it a couple days and if it hasn't updated, I'll post again- I appreciate your quick response!
Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, my score hasn't gone back to normal either. I haven't gotten any alerts about changes to my report either.
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barry,
Thanks for the info.  However, since I DID apply for a derferment and was approved, would that make my score drop by 61 points?  Or would they not have noted it that way for a deferment?

Thanks!
Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Barry -

I just received an alert that my credit score went back up after the Sallie Mae fiasco, but it did not return to the score it was before - I did order a new report and did not see any other changes that would have caused a 10 point drop.  Should this be expected?

Thank you.
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never mind my previous question, I did a new power report and it is corrected.  I think the fico alert just had not come through yet.  So, everyone rest assured it should be coming.
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score went back up (-2) points - it originally dropped by 50 and went back up 48 points- I guess I can deal with the 2 point difference. ( I received the alert through the myFico)

Thanks for your help!

Message Edited by Princess03 on 05-15-2008 12:23 PM
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.