cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Sends Me Two Letters Saying I'm 171 Days Late...

tag
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Sallie Mae Sends Me Two Letters Saying I'm 171 Days Late...

I wake up this morning to two e-correspondence letters stating that I am 171 days late, stemming from due dates on 3/21 and 2/21. I am currently enrolled in IBR and have a monthly payment of under $40 per month. I am also enrolled in Auto Debit from Sallie Mae, and I check my account several times monthly to make sure my Amount Due always stays at $0. I usually pay my monthly bill a day or two after the next statement hits. I am absolutely clueless as to what this is about, I received no correspondence about it before today, no phone calls, no e-mails, no letters. Who do I call to have this taken care of? What should I do to dispute on my credit reports (nothing has shown up and I have a credit monitoring service through USAA) if anything shows up? I have no baddies and if Sallie Mae screws me on a mistake on their end, there will be hell to pay...

ImageImageImage

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae Sends Me Two Letters Saying I'm 171 Days Late...

Called Sallie Mae at 8am EST, in my first phone call the CSR was able to verify that this was a mistake, had something to do with my IBR being interpreted incorrectly on their end. CSR said my account has been notated and a request has been made to correct the mistake, will be calling THEM several times daily until I see it reflected on my account. Let's see how they like the constant badgering....

ImageImageImage

Message 2 of 3
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae Sends Me Two Letters Saying I'm 171 Days Late...

Another update, received a call from them at 11am but they left a voicemail (might have missed my opportunity to speak with a representative based in the U.S.). Called back, rep again questioned the accuracy of the first rep telling me it was their fault. I then told them again I was recording the conversation and that I would take legal action if this wasn't fixed. She tried telling me that my late stemme back from all the way in October of 2011, when my IBR was approved. She tried telling me that since I didn't pay my initial amount due, and even though my actual amount due that month changed to my IBR amount do, I was at fault for not also paying the amount before it was approved. Mind you, Sallie Mae changed the amount due on my page, and never notified me that there was supposed to be a forbearance forgiveness. They love to blame others for their own mistakes. All the while I keep telling the CSR that the late notice I received refers to lates from Feb and March 2012, which are again a complete fabrication. The notice states that it's their 5th correspondence. Well, Sallie Mae, my lcontact info is all up to date and had always been. Where are these four other letters you supposedly sent out?!?! I swear, if anyone can recommend a good lawyer, I'd appreciate it...
ImageImageImage

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.