Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae reporting

tag
Jslow
Valued Member

Sallie Mae reporting

I have 3 student loans through sallie mae, they went past due in 2011, my cedit report shows feb 11 paid, then march 11 90 days past due then 6 120 days past due, why didnt they go 30 then 60 days past due first?

Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Account number [?]Largest past balance [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Scheduled Payment Amount [?]Industry
Feb, 2013
Jan, 2010
Feb, 2013
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX0100
$1,977
Installment
Individual
$22
Miscellaneous
Descriptions [?]
  • Student loan
  • Fixed rate

No contact information provided by Equifax

Balance [?] Current Status [?]
$1,857Pays account as agreed
Seven year payment history [?]30 days late60 days late90+ days late
0 times
0 times
7 times (Sep 2011, Aug 2011, Jul 2011, Jun 2011, May 2011, Apr 2011, Mar 2011)
Recent payment history [?]2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 12011 2012 2013
OK90 Days Late120 Days Late120 Days Late120 Days Late120 Days Late120 Days Late120 Days LateOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOK
Legend:Current paidCurrently paid as agreed
 90 days late90 days late
 120 days late120 days late
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Jslow
Valued Member

Re: Sallie Mae reporting

sorry for the ugly CR paste

Message 2 of 8
SCF
Valued Contributor

Did you make a partial or late payment at any point?

My guess would be that you paid some amount, and that was applied to your March payment, capping it at a 90-day late.  Otherwise it could just be some quirk or reporting, or a mistake.

The reason there are no 30- or 60-day remarks is because those remarks were changed when the payment when into the next overdue category.  Had you pulled your report at the appropriate time, you would have seen the 30, 60 and 90 day remarks for each of those months, but since they were not paid, they moved to the 120+ category, which I believe is the most overdue mark you can get for a payment.

Message 3 of 8
Jslow
Valued Member

Yeah but shouldn't march be 30, April be 60, may be 90 then June at 120? How can they report me in march 90 days late, if i wasn't 60 days late in Feb?
Message 4 of 8
SCF
Valued Contributor

Because it is reporting how late THAT payment was.

For instance, you don't pay March until it is 91 days late, so in July.  If at that time, you bring the account current, your March payment would be 90, April 60, June 30, and your July payment would be on time.  If you only paid the March payment, the other payments would continue to become later and later until they hit the 120 day mark.  If you do make partial payments on an overdue account, that's why its important to understand how the payment is applied.  If most of it goes to penalties or interest, it may not actually pay the overdue amounts, and they can continue to go late.

Message 5 of 8
Jslow
Valued Member

As far as i knew the lates aren't how late you paid but how many days behind you are, hence why they report in ascending order
Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It's not uncommon to have a creditor skip the 30 and 60, or not report at all initially. Certainly pull up your payment history and reconcile, but if the 90 or worse were accurate for that month, you wouldn't want to tell your lender to add two more lates.

Message 7 of 8
Jslow
Valued Member

I was wondering that. Not that it would matter 21 120+ day lates well kill me a long time, and nothing i can do about it because of who the loan is through...who says credit isn't a game...
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.