Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae to allied interstate , wage garnishment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae to allied interstate , wage garnishment

Ok I would like to keep this short.
I have federal loan with Sallie Mae. Default on payments. On aug 10,2012 I recieved a letter from Sallie Mae that if I did not make payment arrangements within 65 days my taxes would be garnished. It also stated on the back of this letter that
They had to give me a notice to when I would have wage garnishment prior to the wage garnishment . On the 17 of August 2012, we see a mandatory of 15% garnishment of wages. So my Husband called his pay roll and asked what this was about. They said allied interstate garnished the 15% of wages and they had a paper stating they had to garnish 15%. So on that friday my husband called allied interstate. They said they could not
Remove the 15% garnishment until he had recieved the papers to lower the garnishment. But they could not at all remove the garnishment. They took out 313$ in garnishment in 2 weeks and plus 65$ debit to bank account for 2 weeks. He called back after recieving the papers an they lowered
Garnishments to 1% and 65$ monthly. He told them he did not recieve 65 days to make Payment arrangements and he did not recieve
A letter for wAge garnishment and they said thy sent the wage garnishment in July 2012. Does this procedure seem fair ? Is this right according to the laws? I feel like this is not at all with the laws? they stated after 9 months of payments they can update cr. are you kidding me? What happens to the credit report original owner of Sallie Mae ?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Poorboi
Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae to allied interstate , wage garnishment

X2.       I'm in the same situation, well almost! I need help too. While under ch13 sallie Mae gave my loan to united student aid, I called both only to find out that some collection agency will call wee anytime soon. I'm lost!   Sallie Mae is reporting on my credit reports

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae to allied interstate , wage garnishment

Good luck buddy !
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.