cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae

tag
moneek33

Sallie Mae

I am so tired of Sallie Mae misreporting. I was reviewing my credit reports when I discovered that Sallie Mae have me on the late payments after i received letters from them in regards to my forbearance and deferment.  I forwarded the letters to the credit bureaus and they (experian, Transunion) replied that they couldn't accept the letters I am so fustrated that this is steady going on.  I have called them cs is very rude and unhelpful.  I also am on hold for like 45 mins.  I don't know what else to do?  can someone please help me?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Ally_j135
Valued Member

Re: Sallie Mae

Can you call salliemae up and tell them to remove it and then ask them to send you a letter saying they will remove it and then you can submit that to the CRA...just in case...........what do u think?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try calling the Consumer Advocate Unit at Sallie Mae: (888) 545-4199

If that doesn't work, try the DoE ombudsman:

By internet:
http://ombudsman.ed.gov/

Phone:
1-877-557-2575

Fax:
202-275-0549

Mail:
U.S. Department of Education
FSA Ombudsman
830 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20202-5144

Since SM has admitted that it's THEIR error and yet isn't willing to help you correct THEIR error, perhaps the DoE's ombudsman CAN.

Trust me, I wish you loads of luck!!!
Message 3 of 8
moneek33

I tried that and cs manager said the the department that handles credit reporting manager isn't in and they asked that I leave a voice mail.  That SUCHS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 4 of 8
moneek33

Thank You so much wonderin I will try this in the morning!! I will let you know how it goes.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@moneek33 wrote:
I tried that and cs manager said the the department that handles credit reporting manager isn't in and they asked that I leave a voice mail. That SUCHS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure that's the number you called and/or the department you talked to? From what I gather, it's not a common practice to have calls routed there as it's a "higher echelon" department.

From what Google told me it's where you end up (if you push it) not one of the starting points in dealing with them.
Message 6 of 8
moneek33

Thanks for the advice.  I will let you know today what has happened?
Message 7 of 8
liz9100
Regular Contributor

I had the same problem for 3 years and final found out they never sent the letter to the creditors. i fax over a copy and they fixed it in 30 days...........
Everyone above 610...
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.