Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious Q! about new reporting after rehab with covid

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Serious Q! about new reporting after rehab with covid

This may sound like a stupid Q, BUT ....I was reading some post on here and became a little confused and worried. So for those of your who have rehabbed during covid and used the covid forbearance...Did your new servicers end up reporting on your CRS????? Mine is all still in the process of shifting over ( I do have a new servicer but default hasnt been lifted yet, and new servicer auto put me in the covid forbearance). I would love to know the answer to this asap. If thats the case where it wont start reporting while in forbearance then I will lift mine and start a new plan once my stuff finally updates to no default. 

completed rehab 2/25

new servicer 3/2

stll waiting for everything else to show and update.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Serious Q! about new reporting after rehab with covid

@Anonymous wrote:

This may sound like a stupid Q, BUT ....I was reading some post on here and became a little confused and worried. So for those of your who have rehabbed during covid and used the covid forbearance...Did your new servicers end up reporting on your CRS????? Mine is all still in the process of shifting over ( I do have a new servicer but default hasnt been lifted yet, and new servicer auto put me in the covid forbearance). I would love to know the answer to this asap. If thats the case where it wont start reporting while in forbearance then I will lift mine and start a new plan once my stuff finally updates to no default. 

completed rehab 2/25

new servicer 3/2

Honestly, I think it is way too soon to start reporting.

Both me and my SO finished rehab in December, him 2 weeks later than me, and mine started reporting in Feb amd his have yet to report. I do not have any direct loans (thru FedLoan), so I am not sure about that, but my SO does, and he finished rehab in Dec and they have also yet to report.

My guess was maybe due to forebearance, but I have no proof. His FFELs have nit reported either and those do not qualify for covid forebearance. You completed rehab over 2 months after him for contrast. I would be thinking April or May for them to start reporting.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

completed rehab 2/25

new servicer 3/2

Honestly, I think it is way too soon to start reporting.

Both me and my SO finished rehab in December, him 2 weeks later than me, and mine started reporting in Feb amd his have yet to report. I do not have any direct loans (thru FedLoan), so I am not sure about that, but my SO does, and he finished rehab in Dec and they have also yet to report.

My guess was maybe due to forebearance, but I have no proof. His FFELs have nit reported either and those do not qualify for covid forebearance. You completed rehab over 2 months after him for contrast. I would be thinking April or May for them to start reporting.

All I can do is wait it out and find out lol. Ill wait till June and then maybe contact my new servicer and start asking credit questions.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

So after reviewing my post on rehab timlines it looks like so far:

Me:

12/1: Finished Rehab #1

1/4: Rehab #1 CAs removed from CRs

1/23: SLs returned to original servicer added to CRs

12/1: Finished Rehab #2

2/4: Rehab #2 CAs removed from CRs

3/4: SLs from new servicer added to EX

*New TLs still not reporting to TU&EQ CRs, but guessing soon!

SO:

12/17: Finished Rehab #1

2/6: Rehab #1 CAs removed from CRs

*New servicer TLs still not reporting to CRs

12/17: Finished Rehab #2

*Rehab #2 original TLs were EE'd last year from CRs, so no DPs on the default marks being removed.

Sorry, I didn't add in every date. You can check out my rehab timeline post for when the defaults were remived from the NSLD and other changes there.

I hope this helps some!

Message 4 of 17
ChiknNuggz
Regular Contributor

Soo i think my missed payments might get removed. The missed payments were removed on 3/4 on equifax but when inopen the report still shows missed payments. Do i just have to wait for it to finish updating? Pics belo

3C67C919-3F3C-4B36-95EB-E656D5282610.png

6138484F-73F7-4010-BF12-2BA333BC4F1E.png

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChiknNuggz wrote:

Soo i think my missed payments might get removed. The missed payments were removed on 3/4 on equifax but when inopen the report still shows missed payments. Do i just have to wait for it to finish updating? Pics belo

3C67C919-3F3C-4B36-95EB-E656D5282610.png

6138484F-73F7-4010-BF12-2BA333BC4F1E.png

That's weird. I thought that tradeline " collection" one got removed. and some people got lucky from their old servicers updating their old payment history. And new servicer is back dated by positive tradeline. Im wondering if yours is in the process of being deleted. Last year I had a collection account for something not SL related. I settled that account ( was a pay 2 delete) and it 1st updated the balence and history, and then about 2 weeks later was removed completely. I wonder if SL tradelines for collections work the same.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

So after reviewing my post on rehab timlines it looks like so far:

Me:

12/1: Finished Rehab #1

1/4: Rehab #1 CAs removed from CRs

1/23: SLs returned to original servicer added to CRs

12/1: Finished Rehab #2

2/4: Rehab #2 CAs removed from CRs

3/4: SLs from new servicer added to EX

*New TLs still not reporting to TU&EQ CRs, but guessing soon!

SO:

12/17: Finished Rehab #1

2/6: Rehab #1 CAs removed from CRs

12/17: Finished Rehab #2

*Rehab #2 original TLs were EE'd last year from CRs, so no DPs on the default marks being removed.

Sorry, I didn't add in every date. You can check out my rehab timeline post for when the defaults were remived from the NSLD and other changes there.

I hope this helps some!

It does! So pretty much a 60 to 90ish day timeline for things to sort out. I will impatiently , patiently wait it out lol. I checked today but I know its a Sunday, so as expected no update yet for NSLD. So I will check again tomorrow to see if my default was finally updated in the NSLD.

Message 7 of 17
ChiknNuggz
Regular Contributor

So u guys think I'll see something in a few weeks that will probs boost credit score?

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChiknNuggz wrote:

So u guys think I'll see something in a few weeks that will probs boost credit score?

I hope so! Im about a week, week and a halfish behind you. So I can't wait to see your updates/ Progress. @Anonymous  Is about 2, 2 1/2 months ahead of us. So Im waiting for there finally results too.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous @ChiknNuggz 

I have my fingers crossed that servicer 1 reports tomorrow for SO. It would be along a similar timeline as mine.

If so, it is about 60-90d. Since my rehab finished on the first of the month in Dec, it was sooner. Since SO finished on the 17th of Dec, it was pushed back a month. That is if tge reporting happens soon.

Both of you finished rehab in the second half of the month (not on the 1st), so I would look more towards a 90d timeline instead of a 60d timeline. Again, YMMV.

@ChiknNuggz CK only counts lates on open accounts. Ck is not good to evaluate closed accounts. You need to pull your CRs from annual credit report to verify. I certainly hope they did remove the lates, but it best to be certain, as they are only required to remove the "default" marks, which I have personally see that the lates remain, but the change the payment status from 120+d late to "current". I also got excited, but that was the only thing that changed. Based on the images you posted (which did not include the most recent update of what payment history looks like), it still shows 0% > 0% on time payments.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.