Did you mean: 

Serious Q! about new reporting after rehab with covid

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Serious Q! about new reporting after rehab with covid

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous @ChiknNuggz 

I have my fingers crossed that servicer 1 reports tomorrow for SO. It would be along a similar timeline as mine.

If so, it is about 60-90d. Since my rehab finished on the first of the month in Dec, it was sooner. Since SO finished on the 17th of Dec, it was pushed back a month. That is if tge reporting happens soon.

Both of you finished rehab in the second half of the month (not on the 1st), so I would look more towards a 90d timeline instead of a 60d timeline. Again, YMMV.

@ChiknNuggz CK only counts lates on open accounts. Ck is not good to evaluate closed accounts. You need to pull your CRs from annual credit report to verify. I certainly hope they did remove the lates, but it best to be certain, as they are only required to remove the "default" marks, which I have personally see that the lates remain, but the change the payment status from 120+d late to "current". I also got excited, but that was the only thing that changed. Based on the images you posted (which did not include the most recent update of what payment history looks like), it still shows 0% > 0% on time payments.

@Anonymous 

I just signed into my FedLoan again to see if anything has changed. Around noon time today it was still the same. but as of an hour ago it updated. so my default has been lifted in the NSLD. YAY! So now its just waiting for CRS to update. Tomorrow I get a refresh on CK so ill see. and also check my annual. @ChiknNuggz  bc of covid annualcreditreport.com until April is letting you check your reports once a week for free. Normally its only 2x a year. so once a week id keep checking there too while you're waiting for other sources to update.

~My now new timeline:

2/25 rehab complete

3/2 new servicer

3/7  NSLD updated and default has been removed/ Fedloan shows my new servicer

* currently waiting for CRS to change.

Message 11 of 17
ChiknNuggz
Regular Contributor

Yea i know about the weekly free reports im gonna pull one tomrrow and see what thats looking like. Its crazy were all in the same boat lol and i also have Fedloan. Onlu time will tell and i did call Fedloan and they assured be they are reporting current status to the beuros but people dont usually see them for a few weeks. Fingers crossed my 1 week will be tomorrow!!

Message 12 of 17
ChiknNuggz
Regular Contributor

So i pulled all 3 beurs today and no change. The dept of EDU did show my $5 rehab payments i was making but other than that still the same even tho credit karma said there was a change. Also, on the EDU website it now says when my next payment is after the cares act changes. Fedloan is also current.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChiknNuggz wrote:

So i pulled all 3 beurs today and no change. The dept of EDU did show my $5 rehab payments i was making but other than that still the same even tho credit karma said there was a change. Also, on the EDU website it now says when my next payment is after the cares act changes. Fedloan is also current.

@ChiknNuggz 

Im thinking the creditBs updating things offically after a full 30 days. So more then likely you"ll see some change the begining of April. Though I noticed the last time edu reported was 2/14. and I noticed on 1 of your things you shared from CK it said 2/14. So lets hope some kind of change happens Smiley Happy.  My info is all updated with my new servicer, and Payment info for after covid. I havent selected a new plan yet. I was going to wait till next month. But I was placed in the covid forbearence, So I figured I have time. I wanted to wait for all the other stuff to update. So prob after my default TLs get removed. Then ill set up my new plan, cause then its just waiting for new servicer to report on credit B. Our timelines are only days apart. So im assuming we both will see changes around the same time.

Message 14 of 17
ChiknNuggz
Regular Contributor

Just days apart lol. Yall are my default loan friends lol. I actually called the dept of ed edu default student loans service today twice and my loan started the credit reporting process on 3/6 ( not 3/4 a previus rep told me) i had 2 reps assure me that the earliest it could report fully to the CB is 3/18 but that it will report. Soon as it reports im applying for my mortgage. 

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChiknNuggz      oh! I hope by 3/18 CRS update! I havent called the department of edu. when I tried to call before while I was in default there was no option for me to talk to a rep. I could only email and their responses were generic, so they annoyed me lol

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChiknNuggz wrote:

Just days apart lol. Yall are my default loan friends lol. I actually called the dept of ed edu default student loans service today twice and my loan started the credit reporting process on 3/6 ( not 3/4 a previus rep told me) i had 2 reps assure me that the earliest it could report fully to the CB is 3/18 but that it will report. Soon as it reports im applying for my mortgage. 

@ChiknNuggz      oh! I hope by 3/18 CRS update! I havent called the department of edu. when I tried to call before while I was in default there was no option for me to talk to a rep. I could only email and their responses were generic, so they annoyed me lol. Yes default loan friends LOL

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.