cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Singing, “They tried to make me go to rehab but I said no, no, no…..Then I finally said, yes!!!!”

tag
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Singing, “They tried to make me go to rehab but I said no, no, no…..Then I finally said, yes!!!!”

So another significant chapter in my credit rebuild journey just occurred this week! My defaulted student loan has now been successfully rehabbed!  

In 2017 I hit a little rough patch and not only did I max out all my credit cards but I missed a bunch of loan payments during both 2017 and 2018.  In 2018 they kept offering me the option to rehab the loan but unfortunately at that point they had increased my payment amount even more.  I couldn't pay the original amount so there was no way I at the time could pay the increased payment amount. 

Fast forward to August 2019 I started rebuilding my credit. Became very responsible with my cards only charging what I could pay off by the statement date.  Paid off all my credit cards by May 2020. And then in July 2020 I signed up for the student loan rehab program for my defaulted loan.

I had to make 9 consecutive on time payments. After the 9th payment they began the process of transferring my loan back to my original lender. I still had to make a 10th payment with the rehab program because the transfer didn't complete before the next due date.

Last week I got a call from the original student loan company informing me the loan transfer was complete and all future payments would come to them!  Today I got multiple notifications from MyFico that the defaulted Student Loan account balance was now at $0 and has been removed from my Transunion report. I also saw a nice score jump. Hoping to see the same on my Equifax report once that loan info posts there also! So excited and proud of myself!😄8E62F516-80FE-41BE-9053-EB8D710C7A29.jpeg

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Singing, “They tried to make me go to rehab but I said no, no, no…..Then I finally said, yes!!!!

Congrats on completing your rehab!!! New habits and dedication have put you on positive credit path and success.

Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 17
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: Singing, “They tried to make me go to rehab but I said no, no, no…..Then I finally said, yes!!!!

@blindambition wrote:

Congrats on completing your rehab!!! New habits and dedication have put you on positive credit path and success.

Smiley Happy

Thank you! I really appreciate it! 

Message 3 of 17
blindambition
Senior Contributor

You're welcome!! Successes should be celebrated!

Thanks to you, Amy Winehouse is going to be on constant loop in my head. 😂 

Message 4 of 17
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success! Job well done.
Message 5 of 17
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@blindambition wrote:

You're welcome!! Successes should be celebrated!

Thanks to you, Amy Winehouse is going to be on constant loop in my head. 😂 

Oops!😂🤣😂

Message 6 of 17
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
Congratulations on your success! Job well done.

Thank you so much!

Message 7 of 17
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

So another significant chapter in my credit rebuild journey just occurred this week! My defaulted student loan has now been successfully rehabbed!  

In 2017 I hit a little rough patch and not only did I max out all my credit cards but I missed a bunch of loan payments during both 2017 and 2018.  In 2018 they kept offering me the option to rehab the loan but unfortunately at that point they had increased my payment amount even more.  I couldn't pay the original amount so there was no way I at the time could pay the increased payment amount. 

Fast forward to August 2019 I started rebuilding my credit. Became very responsible with my cards only charging what I could pay off by the statement date.  Paid off all my credit cards by May 2020. And then in July 2020 I signed up for the student loan rehab program for my defaulted loan.

I had to make 9 consecutive on time payments. After the 9th payment they began the process of transferring my loan back to my original lender. I still had to make a 10th payment with the rehab program because the transfer didn't complete before the next due date.

Last week I got a call from the original student loan company informing me the loan transfer was complete and all future payments would come to them!  Today I got multiple notifications from MyFico that the defaulted Student Loan account balance was now at $0 and has been removed from my Transunion report. I also saw a nice score jump. Hoping to see the same on my Equifax report once that loan info posts there also! So excited and proud of myself!😄8E62F516-80FE-41BE-9053-EB8D710C7A29.jpeg

Congratulations!! That's quite an accomplishment, all around! 😃

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 8 of 17
calyx
Super Contributor

Congrats on the successful rehab and rebuild!

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 9 of 17
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

Congratulations!! That's quite an accomplishment, all around! 😃

Thank you so much! 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.