Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange things are afoot on my experian report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Strange things are afoot on my experian report

A while back I made a post regarding movement on borrows defense. I haven't had anything new happen as far as any more information however, I checked my experian report yesterday. It had been a month or so since I checked and my consolidated loan account through navient has completely disappeared off my credit report. I checked credit karma and they are still there on transunion and equifax. Its very odd. Any input? I know the dept of ed put me in forebearance but I did not think the entire line would be removed from one of my reports.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Strange things are afoot on my experian report

To add when I look at old reports from Dec 9 on my equifax account that loan doesn't show up there either

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't put too much stock into what CK says. First, check your FiCO 8 scores. You can get your Experian one for free or for $1 have a trial if creditchecktotal and get all three reports and scores.
I would also check the NSLDS website. This should have more updated information on your loans. Last resort, you could call Dept of Education.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I wouldn't put too much stock into what CK says. First, check your FiCO 8 scores. You can get your Experian one for free or for $1 have a trial if creditchecktotal and get all three reports and scores.
I would also check the NSLDS website. This should have more updated information on your loans. Last resort, you could call Dept of Education.

I already have that and have done that. I know credit karma is fako so I am not looking at the scores just the reports. I did open my reports in experian and found the trade line and navient has it closed and paid but still showing a balance. so none of this makes sense. I have had loans in defferment before and they haven't closed them. The trade lines aren't showing on transunion either. I get that score from my discover account and I can tell its not there by the amount of debt shown. It was showing on all 3. I have checked the NSLDS website and I know what my loans are etc... the puzzling part is, like I said in my post, is why would navient close a trade line and show it paid when it is just in administrative defferement due to the borrowers defense claim. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not just the scores. VantageScore also displays things differently sometimes. Like on my VantageScore, it showed my credit card at 100% payment history when my FICO showed one late payment from years ago.
That's why my suggestion is to first check the NSLDS website and make sure the status has not progressed. I read some of the applications had been processed. If that's not it, I would definitely suggest calling the Dept of Education because I Believe they can explain to you exactly what's happening.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called department of Ed everything on their end is zeroed out... said to call borrowers defense... borrowers defense says I am still in Que for review they said call navient

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got off the phone with Navient and they are as stumped as I am
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nslds has all correct loan info. I’m so confused
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused too. But you know what, it shouldn't have to be your problem to figure out exactly where they made the mistake since there's no other options than someone is dropping the ball.

I would definitely go the Ombudsman and CFPB complaint way right now. I've been in this cycle with a servicer before and you'll get nowhere when they don't want to help imo. Good luck and keep us updated.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.