Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Debt Forgiveness Disabled Child

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student Loan Debt Forgiveness Disabled Child

Hello All!  I'm starting down this new journey to try and pay off our Student Loan Debt.  We do however have a pretty unique situation, so I wanted to get feedback from some topic experts regarding studen loan debt forgiveness.  Here is are situation:  my wife and I consolidated our Student Loan Debt with Navient.  We have approximatley $55K in student loans total and had these loans for about 15 years now.  About 7 years ago, we had our 3rd daughter who was born with a severe case of Cerebral Palsy.  She is non-verbal and non-mobile.  As a result of this, my wife had to quit her job and is now technically a full time caregiver for our daughter.  My wife is getting IHSS (in-home-social-service) benefits from the State of California to care for her.  At the end of every year, we receive a W2 form which states that my daughter has employed my wife as a caregiver.

My question is this:  based on this situation, are we eligible for any type of Student Loan Debt Forgiveness, (possibly Public Service since we do get W2's from the State, or perhaps some kind of Disablitly forgiveness?)  Thanks in advanced for any help!!!!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.