Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Forgiveness for Disabled Persons

tag
terren2000
Regular Contributor

Re: Student Loan Forgiveness for Disabled Persons

That 3 year follow period should no longer be required.

Im going through the process now.

Equifax - 789 Experian - 747 (Fako) Transunion - 715

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 789
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 15
terren2000
Regular Contributor

Re: Student Loan Forgiveness for Disabled Persons

@Anonymous

Its not new, but its easier now.  No income requirement, no monitoring.  Wiped away, gone, thats it, thats all.

Message 12 of 15
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Education Department will cancel student debt for more than 320,000 borrowers

@Anonymous wrote:

They are talking about automatically canceling the loans based on total disability. They will find these borrowers is social security disability records.

The weasel in the woodpile is that this has been going on for some time. It's nothing new. I could not tell you exactly when the program started but, it was at least two years ago or longer. (I looked into it myself).

Is someone trying to steal a bit of credit?

No one's trying to "steal" credit for the program, rather instead of borrowers having to fill out the paperwork (and according to an article from Forbes, 98% of borrowers did this wrong and had to repay their loans) it's now done automatically for them. 🤷

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 13 of 15
terren2000
Regular Contributor

Re: Education Department will cancel student debt for more than 320,000 borrowers

My loan discharge is currently "Pending Final Approval"

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long ago did you submit your TPD application?  Mine has been stuck as "application under review" since March 2021.  All the balances for my 12 student loans are zeroed out though, I don't know if that means anything significant.  Any thoughts?

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.