Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan HELP!!!!

tag
djpete
Established Member

Student Loan HELP!!!!

I just posted on here about success I've had from getting collection agencies deleted from my credit report for not giving me a 30 day notice that they were being added. Though I have had success in getting many collections deleted, our scores are still quite low. Hers is for a small credit card she never paid (just gotta pay it next month and wait it out), mine is for my dang student loans. Heres the deal:

I went to school for 2 years and just shy of getting an associates degree, my job promoted me and I make almost twice what the field I was going into was going to pay. So I stopped going. That was 5 years ago.

On Equifax AND Experian, I have FIVE accounts on my report from the Fed Loan Servicing with a $0 balance and 11 missed payments, and FIVE accounts from US Department of Education with different amounts and one missed payment

On TransUnion, I have FIVE accounts from Fed Loan Servicing with a $0 balance and 11 missed payments, yet no accounts from US Department of Education.

I contacted the debt collector who now services my loan, FMS, and I got into the loan rehab program. I just made my second payment. In February, they said my loan will be out of default and the missed payments will be deleted from my credit report. Does this mean the missed payments from Fed Loan Servicing, the missed payments from US Department of Education, the missed payments from both, or were they just saying this? FMS and I have a good relationship since I am serious and proactive about getting this cleaned up. I just wanted to know what to expect once these changes are made. It is seriously impacting my credit right now.

At this time, I have two collection on each report that are all due to fall off in 2018. I'm ok with this, since it will take some time to build positive credit anyways. I have no mortgage, no judgments, and one other paid auto account. I know nobody here actually knows the calculation for a credit score, but is there anyone in my situation that has been through this that can tell me what kind of boost I should expect after these loans are out of default? right now, myFICO says my scores are TU: 548, EX: 492, EQ: 464

Thanks for the help!!!!

David

Total CL: $21,650 | Scores as of 2/8/2023:
Denied for $200 secured credit card 12/2020. Come a long way since!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loan HELP!!!!

P.S. David yes your HTML is not invalid but you have not posted enough for the forums to allow you to have HTML in your signature. To prevent spam bots, it's a requirement of 25-30 posts (I forget) before you can do it
Message 2 of 5
djpete
Established Member

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure of what HTML I put in my post though?
I dont see any...

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL jk sorry wrong person. Someone has a similar avatar as you do and their signature is something about the HTML not working. Never mind!
Message 4 of 5
djpete
Established Member

Thanks for the reply. Its ok! I'm just new here and wanted to make sure I wasn't accidently doing anything wrong or annoying.

Now on to my post. Is there someone who can help? thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.