Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Lates?

tag
Mookey67
Contributor

Re: Student Loan Lates?

As far as reporting not reporting at 30 days past due, federal loans are not negatively reported until 90 days past due so it will report current until then
Exp - 850 TU - 846 EQ - 846
Message 11 of 30
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Mookey67 My student loan lates where actually due to a mix up and letting my forbearance agreement lapse. I incurred a total of 10 student loans lates (5) per account ranging from 30-120 days. These loans are paid in full so no default.

Now if I understand you correctly since my loans where actually paid off and not transferred or consolidated I should expect a full deletion of student loan lates 7 years from the very first late reported? 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 12 of 30
calyx
Super Contributor

@credit_endurance - it's going to depend on the CRA.   I forget how how each one handles it, but it will either be removed from 7y from the date the late string first started *or* the lates will fall off one by one 7 years from each - there is no provision requiring it to be one way or the other.

But yes, they will fall off "naturally" since they were paid.

I would encourage you to still attempt to get them goodwill removed, particularly since you did pay them in full.
Mine were paid with consolidation (from default) and they were removed from EX & EQ through goodwill attempts before the 7y were up.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 13 of 30
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@calyx Thanks so much for this information. That is my main mission this year is  to get these last 2 reports finally free of the garbage! Think I will contact Navient first to see if they will be gracious enough to delete it. If that fails will be working on TU first then EQ. But hoping they just fall off at the very beginning of the late timeframe.

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 14 of 30
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Just a update on my situation: During my weekly check of credit karma last month I noticed 2 of my 5 remaining lates were no longer showing on my EQ reports, although all 5 still show up on TU. Thinking this was some sort of a fluke. Waited until this months report updated a sure enough another late payment had been removed from EQ🤔. Haven't yet checked my actual Fico report yet to confirm the same but, CK is usually spot on to these things. I will keep the forums updated on my progress.

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great!! 

What kind of late is reporting again (days)? That's a heck of a score with the lates! Good luck on getting them removed. That will be a nice bump.

Message 16 of 30
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks Sabii! Its been a true lesson in patience trying to keep scores above water while waiting out these lates! 

To answer your question, my 5 lates where between 30,60,90 &120 days. I assume the 30 60 90 has been removed with (2) 120 remaining. I am just suprised wirh EQ as I thought that they would give me the most problems getting things removed. Turns out it going to be TU 😃😂

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ouch! They helped without helping! Well I wouldn't give up. You got this far. Although I know for me, it's the desire for instant gratification sometimes lol! Why is this all so slow?? 🤣

Good luck!

Message 18 of 30
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Follow up tibit:  I was stalking both TU & EQ since I had noticed some activity from them removing late payments. Decided to throw a little monkey wrench in the situation by filing a dispute to see if I could get TU to EE the remaining late payments. Filed the dispute early Monday hoping for a quick removal by end of the day. But.....didn't happen and I knew from most reports on the forums if TU doesn't EE early in the dispute process, they most likely were not going too. So thought I would call Navient and see if I could get the right rep on the right day to grant me the favor. But all I got there was the "blame" game. They claim that they can't remove lates it would have to be TU, and TU claims its Navient that has to do the removing. Smiley Mad Trusting neither one of them, called TU back and requested to remove the dispute from the file. Last thing I need is for Navient to some how not respond to the dispute and force TU to then "delete" the whole account. Not going to get a score boost that way. So I will just ride out the process and wait patiently like I have for the last 7 years. Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 30
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Just wanted to update this thread topic. As I had mentioned earlier about waiting out both TU&EQ in deleting my student loan lates. EQ got to the finish line first! Checked over CK this morning as it was the first of the month and EQ had seemed to be deleting 1 late per month and sure enough they had deleted my last late! Promptly checked in on my EXP creditworks sub. Pulled a fresh 3 bureau set of reports and had a very nice surprise waiting for me. EQ fico score jumped 54 points 735---->789 😁😁 

Feeling very proud at the results of persistence and patience involved. Thanks again community for all the insight and support! Now just waiting on TU to get it done! 

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.