cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Lates?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Student Loan Lates?

As far as reporting not reporting at 30 days past due, federal loans are not negatively reported until 90 days past due so it will report current until then
Exp - 847 TU - 838 EQ - 846
Message 11 of 14
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Mookey67 My student loan lates where actually due to a mix up and letting my forbearance agreement lapse. I incurred a total of 10 student loans lates (5) per account ranging from 30-120 days. These loans are paid in full so no default.

Now if I understand you correctly since my loans where actually paid off and not transferred or consolidated I should expect a full deletion of student loan lates 7 years from the very first late reported? 

FICO08 Feb 2020 (TU 740) (EQ 740) (EXP 766)
FICO09 Feb 2020 (TU 782) (EQ 783) (EXP 785)
TCL $700K+
Message 12 of 14
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@bruisedcredit - it's going to depend on the CRA.   I forget how how each one handles it, but it will either be removed from 7y from the date the late string first started *or* the lates will fall off one by one 7 years from each - there is no provision requiring it to be one way or the other.

But yes, they will fall off "naturally" since they were paid.

I would encourage you to still attempt to get them goodwill removed, particularly since you did pay them in full.
Mine were paid with consolidation (from default) and they were removed from EX & EQ through goodwill attempts before the 7y were up.

EQ: 792 | EX: 785 | TU: 781 | Accounts: 2/6 5/12 10/24
Happy practitioner of AZE6or7or8
Message 13 of 14
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@calyx Thanks so much for this information. That is my main mission this year is  to get these last 2 reports finally free of the garbage! Think I will contact Navient first to see if they will be gracious enough to delete it. If that fails will be working on TU first then EQ. But hoping they just fall off at the very beginning of the late timeframe.

FICO08 Feb 2020 (TU 740) (EQ 740) (EXP 766)
FICO09 Feb 2020 (TU 782) (EQ 783) (EXP 785)
TCL $700K+
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.