Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Pause Extended through Aug 2022

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student Loan Pause Extended through Aug 2022

I'm not exactly counting on it, but the extension ends right before the midterm elections. I'd like to say it was strategically placed on purpose for a potential $10-50k forgiveness, or 0% interest, considering it'd be a disaster to restart them right as you're expecting to win an election.

Message 11 of 15
LoriB2022
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not exactly counting on it, but the extension ends right before the midterm elections. I'd like to say it was strategically placed on purpose for a potential $10-50k forgiveness, or 0% interest, considering it'd be a disaster to restart them right as you're expecting to win an election.

Doh!!!  Good point. 👍😜

Message 12 of 15
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Please be careful not to stray into the five things we don't talk about  territory. 😙

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 13 of 15
GracieGrrl
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

One of my federal loan providers is not allowing for the August 2022 extension because they say the new law is only in regards to federally owned federal loans, but not federal loans owned by a university. has anyone else heard that? 

This is similar to what Navient told me.  I have not received a single pause during the pandemic.  Navient said that they are Federal Loans that are now privately held.  So confusing and frustrating.  

Message 14 of 15
onstar
Established Contributor

@GracieGrrl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

One of my federal loan providers is not allowing for the August 2022 extension because they say the new law is only in regards to federally owned federal loans, but not federal loans owned by a university. has anyone else heard that? 

This is similar to what Navient told me.  I have not received a single pause during the pandemic.  Navient said that they are Federal Loans that are now privately held.  So confusing and frustrating.  

Maybe they started as a federal loan, then you consolidated into a private loan?

Nelnet holds all my student loans. They are all federal loans, and I am not required to pay anything each month. I still make $100/month payments every month because I want to.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.