cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Perm Assign Govt; Calim Filed with Government-Should this be deleted after rehab?

tag
StazzyBoo
Valued Member

Student Loan Perm Assign Govt; Calim Filed with Government-Should this be deleted after rehab?

Hey guys,

So I am having a very frustrating day. I was under the impression that "Student Loan Perm Assign Govt; Calim Filed with Government" means that loan was defaulted. When I spoke to FedLoan Servicing they told me they are not required to update that information. Under rehab law all default history must be removed from credit history, but "Student Loan Perm Assign Govt; Calim Filed with Government" means loans was defaulted, shouldn't this be updated?

Please tell me from your experience if those were updated. I have 3 tradelines that say that that really affect me negatively. Please help Smiley Happy

Aug 2011: EX: Below 500's EQ: Below 500's TU: Below 500's
April 2013: EX: 561 EQ (myFICO): 606 TU: 614
May 2013: EX: 689 EQ (myFICO): 623 TU: 615
June 2013: EX: 712 EQ (myFICO): 659 TU: 649 EQ Direct: 576

Finished rehab August 2012. Equifax no longer shows any deliquency, Experian has one deliquent account, and Transunion has 2 reporting.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Re: Student Loan Perm Assign Govt; Calim Filed with Government-Should this be deleted after rehab?

Mine have not been yet, but I was told by a rep in the Ombudsman's office, that yes, this references the default and thus should come off. She put in a request to do that 4/19 but thus far no changes.

Curious: according to FedLoan, then, what in the blazes does assigned to government mean if not a default? Uncle Sam just felt like taking it back?

Message 2 of 7
StazzyBoo
Valued Member

Re: Student Loan Perm Assign Govt; Calim Filed with Government-Should this be deleted after rehab?

I know right? it's totally history of default and they know it but act like it's not because it doesn't say "default". I contacted Ombudsman's office as well but for another loan servicer who refused to remove it, hopefully she can help, now I will have to do the same with this loan, I also tried desputing with the CC's and see if just maybe they won't verify debt and it will be deleted, but it's highly unlikely, so I am at the mercy of Ombudsman's office.

Finished rehab August 2012. Equifax no longer shows any deliquency, Experian has one deliquent account, and Transunion has 2 reporting.
Message 3 of 7
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Well, and even if they do agree that it should come off - mine has not, and we're almost 30 days post-request. UGH.

Message 4 of 7
StazzyBoo
Valued Member

Have you tried following up with the ombudsman person you are in contact with? Or are you waiting for them to call you? Maybe by some chance it has been sorted out and maybe you don't know yet? Once they do agree it will take another 30-60 days for it to come off the report, the wait is so frustrating! I hope you get good news soon Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

I figured I'd give it at least 30 days. I may have a second case brewing with the consolidation of my (last) Perkins loan. I'm going to give it until the end of the month & then raise a ruckus...

Message 6 of 7
Mirage97

Don't have high hopes for that happening. I went through that a few years back after loan was rehabilitated and switched to another lender, the original lender continued to report as Claim filled. Big issue in my case was no one wanted to claim that they were the ones that were reporting this info.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.