Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Rehabilitation And The Effect On Tradelines

tag
trulygifted01

Re: Student Loan Rehabilitation And The Effect On Tradelines

@Awash242

I just wanted to know is your name off the tax offset list, is it safe for you to file your taxes now without your refund being taken

Message 221 of 880
awash242
Contributor

@trulygifted01 wrote:

@awash242

I just wanted to know is your name off the tax offset list, is it safe for you to file your taxes now without your refund being taken

Yeah as soon as I made my 9th payment I called the DOE and they sent the request to the IRS to have me decertified. I'll be getting my refund this year.

Message 222 of 880
awash242
Contributor

So, of my 5 original DOE/Direct Loan trade lines, 4 of them are gone and the one remaining should be gone shortly as soon as Direct Loans processes my request. However, I am a bit bummed about my score. I was tired of waiting for a score watch alert, so I bought new EQ and TU scores a few minutes ago and only saw a 7 point increase on each. What gives?Smiley Sad 4 defaulted loans removed and thats all?  Feels bad man....

Message 223 of 880
trulygifted01

@Awash242

Congrats my friend!!!!! So I guess there is some hope for me to get my taxes this year. Is it true that you have to wait 4-6 weeks to file?

Message 224 of 880
FicoTron
Established Contributor

UPDATE! My journey is fully complete! Al bureaus are reporting my loans correctly. Good luck to everyone else who uses this thread for reference.
EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 225 of 880
Anonymous
Not applicable

@awash242 wrote:

UPDATE: My 9th payment was on March 15th, today I checked my Equifax report and 4 of 6 of my original Direct Loan tradelines are good. No score update yet, but at least I know I am heading in the right direction. I will call again on Monday ask about the remaining two negative trade lines.

Ill keep you guys posted. Good luck to others going through this!

I made my 9th payment on 4/6. I called Direct Loans on 4/16 to check on the status, and they said they will send out a request to remove all negative info from the CRAs and any garnishments. They said to allow up to 2 months for it to update with the CRAs, hopefully it's sooner than that.

Message 226 of 880
awash242
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@awash242 wrote:

UPDATE: My 9th payment was on March 15th, today I checked my Equifax report and 4 of 6 of my original Direct Loan tradelines are good. No score update yet, but at least I know I am heading in the right direction. I will call again on Monday ask about the remaining two negative trade lines.

Ill keep you guys posted. Good luck to others going through this!

I made my 9th payment on 4/6. I called Direct Loans on 4/16 to check on the status, and they said they will send out a request to remove all negative info from the CRAs and any garnishments. They said to allow up to 2 months for it to update with the CRAs, hopefully it's sooner than that.

Hmm...seems like you spoke to someone more helpful than me. The two people I spoke with said they will submit my request to be processed in their department that handles credit reporting, but that there is no guarantee. They told me ill be getting a letter in 7-10 days to let me know...

Message 227 of 880
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

I spoke with someone from the Default Resolution Group, and they had me contact my CA to request "borrower's relief" and that my account be noted that I have met the terms of my rehab, and that I am requesting for my credit report to be updated.  Called the DRG back, and the young lady I spoke with processed the request while I was on the phone.  She told me it would take approximately 30-45 days for it to update, but that I shouldn't have any issues.

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 228 of 880
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

Got an e-mail yesterday from Great Lakes.org.  Looks like they have picked up my loan!  going to call the DRG to confirm.

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 229 of 880
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too, so glad to have completed rehab.  Thought it was never going to happen....

Message 230 of 880
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.