Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Rehabilitation And The Effect On Tradelines

tag
Axa
New Contributor

Re: Student Loan Rehabilitation And The Effect On Tradelines

@MaddMatter70 wrote:

now march 02, no new credit movement but my loan was repicked up by sun trust   so that is good, hoping credit follows suit shortly............

Please let us know how it goes. Those of us who are waiting on rehab to finish would like some hope.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Current Focus: Gardening indefinitely
Goals: 800 Club, pay off auto loan in 2 years
Message 391 of 880
MaddMatter70
New Contributor

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your recent inquiry into the credit reporting of your serviced accounts.

Your account number ending in xxxxxx was previously transferred from Great Lakes Educational Loan Servicing, Inc (GLELSI) to the owner of your loan. Although you were able to rehabilitate this loan, and the loan has been transferred back to us for servicing, the delinquencies that occurred and that caused the loan to leave us are an accurate reflection of the account at the time.

Due to you successfully completing a Rehabilitation Agreement with the owner of your loan, your loan is again being serviced by Great Lakes.  We have always reported the new account as being open and current in payments.

We hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Sincerely,

xxxxxx

Borrower Services Department

(800) 236-4300 or (608) 246-1700

Monday - Friday   7 am - 9 pm CST

this was what I recieved when I asked if tradelines would be removed.  I have NO IDEA what it means

Starting Score: EQ608 TU531 EX568
Current Score: EQ694 TU697 EX710
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 392 of 880
Axa
New Contributor

When I talked to loan customer service one time, I was told that late payment forgiveness would occur after one year of good payment history. Maybe it will be the same with GLELSI. I'd ask them with sweetened words, and get it in writing.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Message 393 of 880
kjel
Established Contributor

I am in the home stretch of rehab, waiting to make my 9th payment in a couple of weeks. Took a quick look at www.myeddebt.com to make sure my 8 payments had been applied and they have been. A little surprise in that the collection penalties and fees have been removed from the account and they were not insignificant! I am hoping that I get a little love from this process with a credit score jump. I need every point I can get.

I still have a long road to hoe though recovering from the financial disaster of the past two years. Slowly but surely all the accounts are being paid down. It looks like I will qualify for an IBR plan and since I work in the non-profit sector I will be eligible for loan forgiveness at some point.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 394 of 880
MaddMatter70
New Contributor

stuff is starting to happen in a positive way, still being patient, but I did do some online disputing and intrestingly enough there was a check box that said "creditor said item would be removed"  so I checked that one on the ones that are still showing fp.  We will see what happens.....more to come

Starting Score: EQ608 TU531 EX568
Current Score: EQ694 TU697 EX710
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 395 of 880
kjel
Established Contributor

@MaddMatter70 wrote:

stuff is starting to happen in a positive way, still being patient, but I did do some online disputing and intrestingly enough there was a check box that said "creditor said item would be removed"  so I checked that one on the ones that are still showing fp.  We will see what happens.....more to come

Keep us updated on how this goes. This seems to be all over the place in how it's being handled. My loans were with DOE, now with CBE (rehab servicer), and most likely will be picked up by yet another servicer so it's anyone's guess on how it will reflect on the credit report.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 396 of 880
hopingsoon
Regular Contributor

I am so grateful for this thread!

In 5 days I will be making my 9th monthly payment towards rehab. I'm so anxious to see what happens to my credit once my loan has been rehabilitated. AES was my original servicer. Windham Proffessionals was the original CA but AES later assigned me to Account Control Technology.

My experience has been great so far. That is after a bit of a rocky start. I had to call Windham after my sister and BIL started getting collection calls for me at their house. I asked the rep to read me the contact number they had on file for me. She read my number. Then she read my sister's number and I informed her that, that was not my number and has never been my number and that they should not call that number again for me. The rep gave me an attitude and remarked that I obviously know that person if I knew that Windham had called them. So I ask her, "If you owed a debt, would be ok for me to harass your neighbor in order to collect your debt?" She responded with even more attitude asking me, "So is that the only reason that you called or are you going to pay your debt or what?" I told her I was unemployed and unable to make a payment at that time and that when I was able to make a payment that I would call AES directly to do so because I would not have anything more to do with such an unprofessional organization as Windham. Then I hung up.

I called AES about a month later to set up a payment plan. They told me I could not deal with them directly but they gave me the contact information for the new CA assigned to my account. From day one, Account Control has always been polite, professional, and extremely helpful. I didn't even know about Rehab until Account Control told me. I always wanted to go back to school but I was ineligible for Federal Aid because of the default. The terms of the rehab agreement state that after your 6th payment, you are eligible for aid again. So, right after my 6th payment was processed in December I called Account Control and they pointed me in the right direction. I received a verification letter from AES a week later and I signed up for the Spring semester. I can only hope that the rehab/loans getting picked up/credit report changes happen as fast and hassle free.

My total student loan debt is only about $2,600. I'm concerned that because it isn't that much, they will just keep me in limbo making payments to the CA until it's paid off. Any thoughts?

Starting Score: FAKOs EQ 537 TU 497 EX 517
Current Score 7/11/13: FICOs EQ 650 TU 659 EX 655
Goal Score: 675 Who am I kidding? Goal Score: 750+ Smiley Happy

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 397 of 880
kjel
Established Contributor

9th payment sent! Now the waiting begins Smiley Happy

Message 398 of 880
Axa
New Contributor

@hopingsoon: Keep calling with a super sweet, I-just-need-more-information-so-I-can-be-a-better-help-to-my-family attitude until you get someone who can give you a straight answer. Everyone knows that you can help or provide a better example to family if you don't have a debt hanging over your head. I'd call once per day, as long as I had valid questions unanswered or to check on the progress of a postponed answer. Make it a hobby, a game, until you are super clear on what the process is, and they are super clear what you are asking. I know I've used "super" a lot, but I wanted to emphasize the importance of these types of communication. Someone, somewhere, in some call center, will help you.

Reference: Experience.

TU 759, EX 744, EQ 779
Message 399 of 880
BigE2000
Valued Member

Hey gang, my loan stuff was picked up pretty quickly by Educational Services of America, but they aren't of course the servicer.  No word on anything else.  Has anyone happen to have heard anything about this Edu Svces of America?  Thanks in advance.

Message 400 of 880
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.