Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loan Rehabilitation And The Effect On Tradelines

tag
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Re: Student Loan Rehabilitation And The Effect On Tradelines

Ok, enough is enough, I did it, I just got done sending out a total of 18 disputes (6 each per bureau).  Its in their hands now.  If they do what they are supposed to, and the right person picks up the phone at DOE, these should all be removed...we will see.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 101 of 880
Trondul
Valued Member

I'm right behind you Ficotron. That's on my to do list for this weekend.

Message 102 of 880
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Equifax doesn't let you cut and paste, which is really helpful when you are disputing 6 things for the same reason.  Experian lets you cut and paste, and TU doesn't let you write ANYTHING, but their choices for dispute are more straight forward.  Either way, I got the message across on all three.  I am dying to find out what happens.  My score should crack 700 if all goes well...AMEX is in my crosshairs.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 103 of 880
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

Let us know how it turns out.  11/15/2011 is right around the corner, and that's when i'm suppose to call back to see what the status on my rehab is.  I've already made my 9 on time payments.

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 104 of 880
FicoTron
Established Contributor

I got a scorewatch alert today, my EQ Fico dropped 42 points because all 6 of the accounts that I am disputing are showing up now as 120+ days past due.  The only good thing is that they are still in dispute.  I don't know what I'll do if these come back confirmed.  If DOE says they don't want to report it to me, won't they say the same thing when the burueus contact them about it?

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 105 of 880
FicoTron
Established Contributor

BOOM! Finally! Positive results.  I laid out disputes across all three bureaus on Friday, Experian already investigated and...wait for it, wait for it...DELETED all six accounts!  Hopefully I can back up this good news with TU and EQ.

It is premature to say about TU for sure, but my CreditKarma score shot up today by not reporting the balance on my Student Loans...I'll keep you all informed as I find out...I can only hope this thread serves as help to someone new to rehabbing a loan...I wish it was here when I started mine.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 106 of 880
FicoTron
Established Contributor

Didn't get the EQ Scorewatch yet, but I checked my Equifax just for the heck of it...ALL SIX NEGATIVES ARE ALL DELETED!!!  Just waiting on TU. 

It has taken 14 months, but it finally has begun to happen.  For the record though, I may have been able to dispute these back in August, but I may have been taking a bit of a chance if they were still in limbo and were still confirmed as collections...I'm glad I waited it out.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 107 of 880
FicoTron
Established Contributor

I had a Quizzle free report available that I saved until my loans were deleted from EX, my score went from 616 6 months ago to 690 today...I know this has to be taken with a grain of salt, but I'll be sure to give my fico score difference as soon as I know it.

EX-774 (Amex Fico) 8/12
EQ-725 (Fico) 1/12
TU-729 (Fico) 3/12
Message 108 of 880
Trondul
Valued Member

That's awesome Ficotron!  I didn't get mine put in until yesterday so I will hopefully be getting news like yours in a few days.   Thanks for keeping us updated!

Message 109 of 880
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FicoTron wrote:

BOOM! Finally! Positive results.  I laid out disputes across all three bureaus on Friday, Experian already investigated and...wait for it, wait for it...DELETED all six accounts!  Hopefully I can back up this good news with TU and EQ.

It is premature to say about TU for sure, but my CreditKarma score shot up today by not reporting the balance on my Student Loans...I'll keep you all informed as I find out...I can only hope this thread serves as help to someone new to rehabbing a loan...I wish it was here when I started mine.

FicoTron, congratulations.

I have a student loan that was originally with Sallie Mae, when it went into default. I have since then rehab the loan, but the original negative from Sallie Mae is still on my report. Do you think I will have any luck getting these removed via a dispute.

Message 110 of 880
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.